Nets

_candy_cough_
|• Never stop writing •|

Lyra felt her nose snuggling against something cosy and warm, she let herself sleep amidst the silence which engulfed her until she sensed fingers on her hips

Lyra felt her nose snuggling against something cosy and warm, she let herself sleep amidst the silence which engulfed her until she sensed fingers on her hips. She jostled awake, afraid of what she'd see, afraid of what might have happened to her, but she only found Lincoln; sound asleep. He looked so peaceful, like a toddler in a crib. Then it hit her.

Why the hell did he have his arms around me?

"Lincoln!" Lyra roared, "Wake up this instant."

He looked disoriented from being dragged out of his deep slumber, Lyra almost felt sorry but then again, it was Lincoln; they had a love—hate relationship. Although, their feelings mostly remained in the middle, not falling to either extremity.

"W-what happened?" His head moved around like a lid on a bottle, twisting right and left. Lyra couldn't stop the smile creeping up on her lips, but then she remembered his arms around her.

"Why the hell did you have your lanky, bony arms around me?" Lyra implored.

Lanky and bony, really Lyra? She mentally face-palmed herself.

"Lanky? Girl, calm down, I wasn't the one who was strangling you to death like I was a teddy bear or something!"

That made Lyra angry.

How dare he call my hugs 'strangling'? She thought.

"Excuse me, but I'm a baby and I can't sleep without hugging anyone and usually Emma is there, but now I'm stuck with you." Lyra huffed.

Lincoln rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Oh please, you're nearly seventeen. You're no baby and besides, there are plenty of rocks over here for you to hug, it doesn't have to be my precious body."

"Rocks?" Lyra raised her eyebrows, "You want me to hug a rock?"

"Yes." Lincoln nodded, "at least then I wouldn't have breathing problems all night."

"How dare you!" As hard as Lyra tried, she couldn't conceal the creeping smile that invaded her lips. "You're dead." She lurched forward just as Lincoln spoke.

"You wore it?" His eyes scanned Lyra's neck, where the chain her father had given her hung. The green crystal Lincoln had gifted to her had a hole in it, through which she had threaded the chain to wear it.

"Yes." Lyra whispered sheepishly. She could feel the heat rising to her ears.

Lincoln grinned at her with delight.

"What?" Lyra asked, flustered.

His smile widened, "You're blushing."

Embarrassed, Lyra awkwardly mumbled, "Whatever, we need to get a move on. I'll prepare breakfast."