Saviour

doopeysoul
|• Potterheads for life! •|

He let his eyes skim over the neatly trimmed meadow of tall sunflowers and tulips

He let his eyes skim over the neatly trimmed meadow of tall sunflowers and tulips. It was an odd combination of colours and flowers, especially for the southern countryside. He watched the grass and stems sway under the breeze with a subtle rhythm. The hum of silence eased his mind and lulled him to sleep. He stumbled on a few pebbles which he bent down to collect. He rolled them in his hand and watched them move at different paces but reach the same destination. Like man, he pushed the thought away, he didn't want to think about the complexity of manhood or the wounded twists of the mind.

He saw a figure approaching him, her wavy hair dancing in the breeze, must be Emma. He walked towards her and saw her holding a black hat. My hat. He smiled to himself, she had remembered to bring it. He strode forward and squeezed her in a quick hug whilst grabbing the hat from her grasp.

"You remembered," He exclaimed.

She pushed away a stay strand of hair and nodded. "It's yours after all."

"I know but you liked it and I said you can keep it because you lost the one you had."

Emma licked her lips, "I don't like replacing old things with new ones."

"Why?"

Why? Because it reminded her of the cherry-red blood that stained her room as well as her mind, it left her scarred for life, she couldn't look at her own blood without think of her.

"Umm...because I just think...we should be m-more responsible and... look after our t-things and... especially not replace them with new ones." Emma's stutter was coming back, Aneesa had helped her get rid of it but it was coming back, like all the darkness from the past.

Lincoln loved her, he truly did; she knew he did, yet she couldn't rid her mind of what he had done.

"Please, stop." Isaac pleaded.

"S-stop what? My s-stutter?" Emma bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from stuttering, it used to help, it reminded her to concentrate, to focus on the sound and not the word.

"No." Isaac looked frustrated and Emma worried about what it was that made him angry. "Stop lying, I know everything."

"W-w-what do you m-mean?" Now she was shivering, what did he know? It was cold in the meadow, which made it harder for her to control her stutter.

"I know he killed her, I know you're not my Emma." Isaac articulated.

Isaac was Emma's best friend before she was killed by Lincoln. A day after Lincoln had brought the new and improved Emma, Isaac had come to visit. Lincoln had warned her to be the most vigilant around Isaac, he knew more of the real Emma than Lincoln ever could.