Hands of rock

PositivumQuestae
|• thank you for all your support •|

"Help!" Elizabeth screamed as she tried to float on the water

"Help!" Elizabeth screamed as she tried to float on the water. "You bunch of sadistic maniacs!"

Juniper and Lyra sniggered as Wes, River, and Lincoln guffawed hysterically. Elizabeth had annoyed River who decided to push her into the 'river' as punishment. At first Lyra screamed but Wes assured her that the water wasn't deep as they could see the surface below. They all waited for Elizabeth to realise that she wouldn't drown, but the girl didn't have a single ounce of trust in them, which made Lyra laugh louder.

The little girl they had ran into, Martha – that was what she told them her name was – had explained how she lost her friends at a rockslide near the eastern side of the valley. She didn't know if they were all dead or if they managed to escape. She had a blank expression, neither did she care if Elizabeth drowned. Martha showed a suspicious interest in Lincoln which made Lyra squirm for a reason she didn't know.

"Please..." begged Elizabeth.

Lyra walked forward and pouted, "Come on, guys. Save the maiden in distress." Unfortunately, her words made them crack up, even more, she had only wanted them to help. "Guys! Act civilised!" Lyra laughed at her own words and bent down to help Elizabeth. "Come on, girly."

Elizabeth looked like at Lyra like she had been offered the world and not a hand. "Thank you, Lyra!" She hugged Lyra tightly after Lyra hoisted her out, her wet body against Lyra's dry skin; it felt good.

"Aww, no problem. But Elle, you would have never drowned, I can see the surface below." Lyra tried not to laugh as she pointed it out. Elizabeth glanced at the river and bit her lip in embarrassment, her cheeks went red.

"I knew that." Elizabeth uttered and stormed into the tunnel. River and Lincoln laughed harder, clutching their stomachs as they leaned on the trees.

"Come on." Giggled Juniper as she followed Elizabeth. Lyra waited for everyone to go in, she preferred being last. I was a follower, not a leader, something mum would disagree with.

Lyra lit her portable lantern which she had made with Emma using a matchstick as Wes held out a ball of light, some sort of device he probably scavenged up.

"Eww," He screeched, making Lyra jump and drop her stick.

"What?" Lyra growled.

He looked at me with disgust. His expression suddenly made Lyra feel very self-conscious.

"There's a clash here, between modern and old. Fire? Like, we have these cool devices and you light a fire?" He rolled his eyes and smirked. There was another outburst of laughter, Lyra knew for a fact it was all because no one wanted to think about the previous night, it could have been any of us, anyone would have been dead.