9

He didn't want to go to school the next day.

As soon as Yeosang left the sticky note he instantly regretted it. He had not done this in the original timeline, and he didn't know what the consequences would be. Hyesoo is Changbin's sister after all, and Changbin is his classmate. What if she showed the note to him, asking whether or not he recognized the handwriting? Yeosang cursed his impulsiveness and slammed his face into his pillow, as if he was trying to bury himself under the feathers. Yeohee demolished that plan completely.

"Come on," Yeohee grabbed Yeosang's ankles and pulled her brother off the bed, but he held tight to the sides of the mattress and held on. Giving up, Yeohee sat at the chair in front of his study table and crossed her arms, glaring at her brother. Then she kicked him on the side.

"Ow! What do you want?" Yeosang glared.

"What do you want?" Yeohee shot back. "Why aren't you getting ready for school?" When Yeosang didn't respond, she smirked and slyly said, "Are you having girl problems?"

"W-what?!" Yeosang exclaimed, crawling back to his headrest as Yeohee's knowing stare backed him up into a corner. "W-what do you mean, girl problems?"

"Ah, Yeosang," Yeohee shook her head with a smirk across her face. "You innocent little being. You know you can always ask your older sister if you need help finding out what your girlfriend needs."

"That sounded so wrong," Yeosang mumbled.

Yeohee lifted her hand to whack her brother's head but missed. "You're just dirty-minded. Anyway, spit it out. Did you two have a fight?"

"No, we're not even dating," Yeosang hugged his knees. Before he knew it his thoughts were spilling out. "I saw her crying just as Wooyoung and I were about to walk home, so when we passed by a store I bought a pack of tissues and ran back to give them to her."

"So? What's the problem with that?" Yeohee quirked a brow, plopping onto the bed.

"I left her a sticky note," Yeosang mumbled.

"What did it say?" Yeohee's face slowly broke into a smile, as if she knew what Yeosang was going to say next.

Yeosang blushed and repeated the words on the sticky note. Yeohee bellowed with laughter and fell to the floor.

"Stop that!" Yeosang exclaimed.

"That's so cute!" Yeohee cackled, rolling back and forth. "She's going to fall for you, trust me. You're such a sweet-talker—"

"Am not!"

Yeohee sat up and looked at her embarrassed brother, smiling fondly. "You did a really nice thing, you know. You don't have to be afraid of showing your face to her. I think she's really thankful for the words you wrote for her, there's nothing to be ashamed about."

"The words were so cheesy," Yeosang had fallen onto his stomach and buried his face into his pillow again.

Yeohee pulled him up with the strength Yeosang didn't know she had. "Up! Cheesy or not, the words were kind and beautiful. You should be proud of yourself, that was a brave thing to do." Yeohee placed Yeosang onto his feet and nudged him into the bathroom. "Now get ready or Mom will have my head."

He hid it from her, but Yeosang had smiled widely after he heard his sister's encouraging words. She was often sarcastic and they don't always get along, but during times like this she always knew what to say to him when he was feeling down. She really was the best sister.

>~<

But even Yeohee's words still failed in preventing Yeosang's fear of facing Changbin.