O1

❣︎

❣︎

The first time Kang Eunbi decided to tell her mother that she wanted to move out and stay in the bustling streets of Gangnam-gu, Seoul, her mother's eyes bulged out, her jaw hanging open at the sudden revelation.

With a finger pointing to her daughter, she cried out, saying that her daughter wasn't ready to be in such a busy environment. Knowing that Seoul itself was a place full of temptations, stylish nightclubs, classy restaurants, and high-end stores. Who knew what could happen to her daughter? Living in the province of Chungnam, life was peaceful and serene. She couldn't imagine Eunbi living such a wild life in the cities.

Eunbi, however, stood her ground saying that she needed to stay there for a reason and that she can go back home every weekend or whenever her mom misses her. She needed to start reviewing for college, possibly even find a part-time job while staying there to save up for college expenses.

Eunbi had a point though. She was going to become a college student by the end of the month and she couldn't possibly be commuting all the way to school every single day. It was better to live close to the campus so she could focus on her academics better. So her mother had no other option but to oblige, moving forward to search for a cheap yet comfortable-looking apartment for the girl.

Soon after, it was time to pack up and move out. With teary eyes, her mother bid her farewell, asking her to keep her promise of calling every day to check up. Eunbi nodded, heaving a sigh as she kissed her mother on the cheek for the last time before moving to get her things.

As she stood outside the house, waiting for a taxi, she imagined a new chapter in her life. She had to get used to living alone from now on, doing things without depending on her mother.

Most especially, living a̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ in a new apartment.

❣︎