12

❣︎

❣︎

Soon enough, the two were already stuck together like two peas in a pod. They were used to seeing each other's faces in the morning, with Eunbi nagging at Sunghoon sleeping in the shower, the ghost firing back that he owned the place first, and then proceeding to have breakfast together - well, Sunghoon watching Eunbi eat breakfast rather (since he couldn't really eat) - with random topics and QnA portions.

Eunbi slowly found herself enjoying every little thing she did with him. From having their silly conversations to deep-hearted talks, she truly found herself appreciating the moments they had together. She just wasn't sure about the boy - er, ghost. If he was feeling the same way.

He constantly made her laugh, lighting up the mood with his jokes and weird antics but she could see it. She could see it in his eyes, the desperation, the longing of wanting to feel alive, wanting to go outside, instead of existing in a confined space.

He had been tied to the apartment for two years. She could imagine him glancing out the window from time to time, wondering if he had the chance to relive the past he once had - being human.

He confessed to her that he truly couldn't remember anything about himself. His family, his birthday, every single memory wiped out, even his name. All those years in solitude, without a clue of who you are, merely just existing.

It would be enough to drive someone insane.

So she asked him a question one night. "Why did you name yourself Sunghoon?"

To that, he shrugged, briefly replying, "It just sounds nice. Feels like it rings a bell. I'm not sure but I want that to be my name."

She felt it as she stared into his eyes. He wanted his memories back.

❣︎