11

❣︎

❣︎

Morning turned to night and soon it was time to sleep. Eunbi sat down on the bed after ending a call with her mother. She was bombarded with countless reminders over and over again that it felt like her mother's words were already tattooed inside her head after the short ten-minute call. Flopping down on the bed, she slightly peeked over to see where Sunghoon was.

He wasn't anywhere near her room. Maybe he was sleeping on the counter again.

After the little incident that happened in the morning, she found herself feeling nervous around the ghost. She wasn't supposed to feel such things around him - feeling her heart race. It's not normal. She needed to get those thoughts off of her head. Immediately.

Slowly rising up out of the duvet, she carefully tiptoed out of her room, taking a brief glance at the living room to see Sunghoon lying on the couch with his eyes closed. He was fast asleep, peacefully resting like a baby.

Eunbi slowly opened the door, tensing when it abruptly emitted a small creak. She peered over her shoulder, hoping that Sunghoon was still asleep and to her relief, he was still out cold.

She continued on and stepped outside, taking in a deep breath. She wanted to calm her head for a bit and smell the fresh air outside. Yes, in the middle of the night. Eunbi too had a bizarre mind and didn't have an ounce of fear as she stepped outside - too careless. Her carelessness already showed the moment she had allowed a ghost to continue living in her apartment. Any other person would have called the police or an exorcist.

She sat down on the doorstep, just above the small staircase, and whipped out her phone. Taking a picture of the moon, she softly smiled at the beautiful scenery that could be seen in her gallery.

She felt a cold gust of wind on her neck, making her look back.

"Boo."

Eunbi screamed, jumping from the sudden surprise. Sunghoon stood there by the doorway with a proud grin on his face.

"Why are you outside?" Sunghoon asked.

"Come sit with me," Eunbi beckoned.

The ghost took a step forward, dangerously close to the exit. He slowly inched his arm out of the door, his fingers slightly passing through the doorway. As he did so, his fingers vanished. The part where he had slipped through the doorway had disappeared into thin air.

Sunghoon shook his head, "I told you. I can't go outside."

❣︎