16

❣︎

❣︎

Classes were about to start in less than two weeks for Eunbi and she was mostly busy with reviewing. Scattered papers on her table, highlighters disorganized inside her room, paper clips that seemed to be seen in random places inside the apartment. Her room was a wreck, including her.

Sunghoon watched as she crumpled the piece of paper in her hands, angrily throwing it somewhere in her room for the nth time. He clicked his tongue, shaking his head at her repeating behavior.

"Taki, for the hundredth time! I told you not to eat the paper clips. That's bad for your--"

"Hey, hey, Eunbi." Sunghoon came waltzing in her room, approaching the girl that looked like she was about to breathe fire out of her nose. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he gently gave her a massage.

"You really need to loosen up. You're beginning to look like Ursula," he teased.

Eunbi shook him off, giving him an annoyed look. "Ah, seriously. Stop pestering me when I'm trying to study."

"Do you want an energy hug?"

"No." Eunbi plainly rejected, swiftly carrying Taki into her arms.

Sunghoon pouted, scowling at the small dog that sat on her legs. As if little Taki could sense the ghost, he hopped off of Eunbi's legs, hastily running out of the room. 

"You need hugs." Sunghoon walked over, leaning closer to wrap his arms around the girl's torso, giving her a back hug. He could feel the girl visibly relax and a smile made its way on to his face.

"Seriously...you--"

He felt Eunbi tense, pausing her words midway. Confused, Sunghoon slightly pulled away from the hug to look at her face.

"Why are there numbers on your wrist?"

01:00:51

One day and fifty-one minutes.

A countdown.

❣︎