17

❣︎

❣︎

There wasn't a single moment in her life that could compare to the amount of worry, fear, and nervousness she had felt at the moment. Seeing the timer in Sunghoon's wrist, it was like a time bomb, ready to detonate the moment the numbers equate to zero.

00:10:41

Less than twenty-four hours left and the two still didn't have a clue as to why the timer had engraved itself into Sunghoon's wrist.

With every minute passing by, the fear and anxiety heightened even more and Eunbi didn't know what to do. Sunghoon on the other hand, was silent the whole time. There was a blank expression on his face, one Eunbi couldn't read, and it terrified her even more.

"What does it mean?" Eunbi broke the silence, anxiously biting on her lips.

Sunghoon gulped, averting his gaze to the girl who sat beside him on the bed. He let out a deep breath, "I honestly don't know. This has never happened before."

"What's your guess?"

"I might go to heaven or hell?" He tried to crack a joke, earning a smack from Eunbi.

He panicked the moment he saw her lower her head, lightly sniffling. It meant one thing - she was crying. He immediately pulled her into his arms and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Oh, Eunbi...I didn't mean it like that. I was just trying to make you smile," he apologized, tilting her chin up with his fingers to look at her face.

Eunbi wiped her tears with the back of her hand, slapping his shoulder once again. "You idiot, that's not funny."

Sunghoon wanted to cry too. He wanted to drown in his sorrows, to drown in the mysteries inside his head. What if it was true? What if he really was going to disappear?

"If...if I do disappear--"

"Don't say that!" Eunbi cried, hot tears spilling down her cheeks once again. The thought of losing Sunghoon made her heart ache, shred into pieces, torn all over again.

No way. She wasn't losing Sunghoon.

"I need to let you know..." Sunghoon continued despite Eunbi's refusal.

"No, no, no, please stop--"

"I need to let you know that you're the best thing that's ever happened to me," he whispered into her ear, his voice cracking at the end as a tear helplessly slid down his face.

He lifted her chin, gazing deeply into her eyes. He pressed a delicate kiss on her forehead, his lips lingering for a few more seconds before he pulled her into a hug once again, this time even tighter.

"Please don't leave me..." Eunbi whimpered, sobbing in his arms as tears continuously streamed down her face, soaking Sunghoon's shirt.

"I'm sorry."

❣︎