finale

❣︎

❣︎

She didn't know exactly when she had connected all the dots together but the moment the woman spoke his name, all Eunbi could hear was the beating of her own heart, adrenaline pumping through her veins, and a spark of hope blossoming within her as she ran as fast as she could outside, hailing a taxi in the middle of the pouring rain.

"I've decided to let him go. I am not able to pay for the future medical expenses which is why my husband and I have decided. The doctors will pull the plug an hour from now."

East wing, room 21. She kept it engraved in her mind the whole time as she sat inside the taxi, occasionally telling the driver to speed up every five minutes.

She needed to hurry.

She needed to save him.

When the taxi came to a stop in front of the hospital, Eunbi literally shoved the money into the driver's fingers without bothering to ask for the change. Quickly entering the hospital, she decided to take the stairs in order to get to the room faster. It was a life and death situation, with Sunghoon's life at stake.

"You're more than a ghost, aren't you?"

You're human, Park Sunghoon. What she once wished so desperately for was now right in front of her.

The doctor stood there, accompanied by two nurses who were furiously jotting down on their clipboards. Just as the doctor was about to reach over to pull the plug, Eunbi slammed the door open, immediately running inside to rip the doctor away from the machine.

Insane. The nurses thought.

Eunbi couldn't care less as she stood beside Sunghoon's unconscious figure laying on the bed. "You're not pulling that plug."

"Security. Call security! Get this woman out of here!" The doctor told the nurses as they rushed out of the room.

Eunbi panted heavy breaths, moving her gaze to the unconscious boy on the bed. She kneeled down, taking his hands into hers as she leaned her forehead on their intertwined fingers.

"Please wake up," she whispered.

"Please, Sunghoon."

Pressing a soft kiss on the back of his hand, she closed her eyes and repeated a thousand wishes inside her head. You have to wake up, please.

His hand slightly twitched.

"Sunghoon?"

His eyes fluttered open, blinking for a few seconds to adjust his vision. All the memories filled his head and he looked to his right, seeing the girl he'd been waiting for so long finally there, right beside him. Eunbi's eyes brimmed with joyful tears, a sigh of relief escaping her lips once she realized that he had finally woken up.

Instantly, she was engulfed into a hug and she immediately broke down the moment he had surrounded his arms around her waist. Gently caressing the girl's hair, Sunghoon whispered comforting words into her ear.

"I'm here. I'm here. You don't have to worry anymore."

"You're alive. You-You aren't a ghost anymore?"

"I owe my life to you, Eunbi. Thank you so much," he murmured into her ear, holding her tighter than ever.

The sound of the door slamming open interrupted their intimate moment as numerous pairs of eyes were trained on the two.

"The patient is awake!"

❣︎
— the end —

❣︎