A night fit for love

WARNING! THIS CONTAINS SEXUAL REFERENCES PLEASE READ IT AT YOUR OWN WILL.
The air around them is hot and thick and sweet with sweat and the scent of their lovemaking. Astrid's lips fall open with another soft gasp as his fingers tease at her, keeping her wound up, keeping her hands pulling at sheets and her head rolling on the pillow.

His name falls easily from her lips and he smiles against her breast at the little moan. He kisses her nipple and her whole body shivers. Every whimper she makes is a hot bullet of desire straight to his groin tonight, where every star shines brighter and everything tastes sweeter. The air is warmer here, and he can taste honey and mead and possibility on the breeze. His tongue dips into the hollow of Astrid's collarbone and she moans his name.

"I've missed this," she sighs, her hands making slow passes over his back.

Hiccup frowns. "It hasn't been that long," he points out.

Astrid hums. "It has since you've touched me like this." This gives Hiccup pause, and he lifts his head to watch her face carefully, noting her reactions to his fingers' every move.

"What do you mean by that?"

She squirms, her lips parted but her eyes squeezed closed. "Just that, mm, you've been, oh, kinda...kinda preoccupied lately," she says, sounding more than a little distracted herself. "Mm. What with the...map and the...finding new dragons and mmmm..." She trails off as his fingers trail higher up her thigh, just brushing her sex but not fully touching her. "You've been...busy..." He slides his fingers inside her again and she bites her lip and moans.

Hiccup is still frowning, one hand moves to hold her hips still as his other strokes her. "I've still made time for you," he says quietly, almost indignantly. Because he has, hasn't he? The last couple of weeks while they've been constructing the outpost has been difficult, no real privacy, and before that on Berk he'd spent most days off-island running from his dad or chasing hopes of finding new dragons on islands he'd visited a hundred times. But he'd found time for her, hadn't he? A few days ago he'd pulled her into a dark corner in the half-constructed stables and last week he'd bent her over his own kitchen table while his father was out.

"Not like this," Astrid gasps, and he can't tell if she's shaking her head or if she's just writhing. "Quickies don't count," she breathes, and that's the last he gets before he loses her to incoherency and pleasure, her hips grinding against his fingers as much as his hand on her stomach will allow. Her head is thrown back and he kisses down her throat just because.

Her words perplex him, and his mind turns over her meaning in his head even as his fingers crook and stroke just the right spot inside her to tear a sob from Astrid's throat. His own need still simmers somewhere below the surface but his momentary confusion works well as a distraction, even from how glorious his lover looks with one arm thrown over her eyes and the other gripping his shoulder so tightly she'll leave marks.

She mewls his name and her hand grabs his hair and pulls, and even though it hurts he rewards her with his tongue lapping at the sweat between her breasts.

"This," Astrid gasps, voice strained between heaving breaths, "I've missed...this. Talk-talk to me."

She's so close now, he knows. She doesn't always ask him to talk her through her climax, and maybe it's his ego but he swears she comes harder when he does. He seems to recall her once saying she liked knowing he enjoyed this too. He doesn't think he's particularly good at talking dirty, and he can hardly do it at all without blushing, but his theory is that it's the sound of his voice she wants more than anything, so he usually just babbles about her beauty until she comes.

"You look so amazing," he tells her, and watches the skin of her chest turn to goosebumps under his breath. "Radiant. Like...like a goddess, shining in the candlelight." She whimpers and tries to buck faster against his fingers, but she said she missed this, and he can only guess it's the foreplay and the worship she meant she was missing so he's going to drag it out. "And you feel so tight. I can't wait to feel you around me..."