Sacrifice. Part II

Angella's hologram flickered inside the cockpit, as Adora finished explaining the plan.

"Well... Is your ship's AI sure she is ready to do this? It'll be dangerous. And also... Isn't that lady one of the horde soldiers that attacked Bright Moon?" Angella said with a questioning expression.

[Affirmative. As soon as I'm installed in the mainframe, your consciousness will be ready to be transferred back into your body. I'll keep the defense systems at bay while you retreat to the ship]

As Darla spoke, Adora walked to an embarrassed looking Catra and took her hand, planting a kiss on her cheek. Catra lowered her ears a bit looking at the hologram while Adora spoke.

"As we said, a lot has happened since you disappeared Angella. We're...together now"

Angella nodded and smiled, with a spark of excitement in her eyes. Catra, on the other hand, blushed a deep red as Glimmer and Bow snickered.

"I see. Let's do this then. Brace for a second. I will tow your ship to the access port"

As she spoke, a giant robotic arm wrapped around the ship and started moving it away towards a massive arch in one of the sides of the structure. Adora put her spacesuit's helmet on, making sure it was isolated. After all seals were in place, she couldn't help herself and cheekily pinched one of Catra's helmet ears, getting a startled hiss for an answer.

"Well, all checked inside here, Angella. We're ready to go on your signal" Adora said with a decided tone. Angella spoke again, giving numerous instructions.

"Okay, the tow should lock you to the access port in 2 minutes. Once inside, you shouldn't encounter much trouble. I'm still keeping the security systems off, so no bot should bother you on the way to the contention chamber. Be prepared though. As soon as you open the pod that contains my body, my security privilege's will be overruled by the facilities' central computer. You'll have to fight your way to the central chamber, put my body on the extractor pod and install the AI's chip. This won't be easy. Be careful and don't try to be heroes. Now that you're here, you are completely forbidden to fail. That is an order."

Angella winked at the team and the transmission feed cut off. With a noticeable shake, the ship locked itself to the access port and the doors opened. Bow sighed and walked towards the exit with a decided look on his eyes.

"Okay. Let's do this best friend quad style"

Catra heard him and replied with a joking tone.

"Rushing heads on without a plan and being blown to pieces while screaming that this was a bad idea?"

Glimmer laughed warmly and walked outside with Bow.

"Yeah. That about sums it up. Let's go"

With a cheerful tone, the group exit the ship and started walking into the facility. It looked exactly like every other First One's ruin they had ever encountered before. Massive purple plain walls all around with different sets of runes and markings. There was something different though. From floor to ceiling it appeared to be hundreds of small compartments embedded on the walls. There were no handles on them though. Bow noticed and pondered, speaking in a quiet tone.

"What do you think those are for?"

Adora looked at them with a face of pure mistrust as she answered.

"If I've learned anything about First One's... it's probably nothing good. Let's keep going"

The hallway made a few turns left and right, but it always kept in a straight line, with no branching paths. After a few minutes walking, a room opened before them with an eerie sight. It was some kind of storage area. And it was full of stasis pods. Catra whistled in weirded awe and spoke: