A suprise inside

"You're around two weeks" the nurse said in a chipper voice. This was total bullshit.. Pregnant, really?? I wasn't excited to say the least. Call me heartless, but I would have rather had Tony beside me than Kendal. She was glowing, and smiling, and pointing at the screen even though she really couldn't see anything I would imagine. I couldn't bring myself to look at the screen. To look at something that I literally made with Tony killed me. The nurse made a quick swipe over my stomach to get the jelly off. She unsuccessfully wiped it having to go over it two more times, making me more annoyed every second that passed. I pulled my shirt down covering my caved stomach. "Your lack of food may harm the baby in long term stances. The baby may be premature and even be a still born if not taken care of. Come back in three weeks and at least bring your weight up 15 pounds." She said in a stern voice, before I had time to say anything kendal cut me off. "She'll put on 20 pounds, we don't want any damage done to the baby.." She said glancing at me. "You're free to go when you're ready." She nodded towards the door before leaving the room. I stood to my feet straightening out my shirt, and walking away leaving my sister in the room alone.
.......................
"Kendal fucking stop putting this shit in my face." I said pushing back a bowl of cereal. It's been a week and a half since the a check up and I've gained 10.4 pounds in that time. "You only have ten more pounds left." She groaned. She didn't seem to understand that I liked more than just sugary food and protein bars.
"At least fix me some real fucking food!" I screamed as I threw the bowl across the room. The plastic bowl and spoon crashing to the floor, as cereal covers the wall.
"You are so right and your temper is under control that you can clean this shit up and fix your own damn food!" She yelled, her voice rising with each word. She left the room shortly after, I stalked across the room to the fridge looking for actual food. I scavenged out some pizza and sniffed it. There was really no telling how long it how been in there but it still looked ok. I stared at the cereal covered wall. That was Tony's favorite cereal. Our apartment was still stocked with it.

Flashback
It was late December in Michigan, and we were snowed in, no electricity, no water. " Tony please it's colder than balls out I want to cuddle." I poured sitting next to him on the cold leather couch. His legs were propped up on the coffee table and his nearly dead phone was in his hand. He looked up at me with a cheesy grin and opened his arms to me. I quickly climbed across the couch and climbed to his side. The heat that radiated off of him was heavenly. I felt him play with the ends of my hair twisting it in his fingers. "How long do you think we will be in here for?" He asked quietly. I thought for a minute before answering this question. "A few days at least." I shrugged.

He stood to his feet abruptly leaving me to return to my previous state. "I'm going to eat some cereal." He said as he headed to the kitchen his feet echoing through the house. "You're an asshole, you know that?" I shouted as I made my way to the kitchen. He had a big mixing bowl filled with cereal and milk. It was a little disgusting how much the ate. "I thought you loved me since I was and still am your only heat source. I guess not." He said with a shrug.
Later that night after I apologized more than once and peppered him in kisses, he had accepted and let he fall asleep on his chest.
........Flashback over......
I hadn't realized how long I was standing there until some one snapped in front of my face. My mom stood patiently waiting for an explanation as to why there was cereal everywhere, I assumed.

"Kendal kept fixing me food that only had sugar in it so I kind of threw it at the wall." I said quietly. "Ember pick the shit up." she said with a sigh.
...................
I knocked on Tony parents door, waiting for an answer. The door opened to reveal a very stressed out Kathlene, Tony's mom, she welcomed me inside and walking me to a chair in the kitchen.
"Hi honey." she said softly "How are you?" She asked.
"Not very well." I answered bluntly. she gave me a sympathetic smile before speaking again. "Things will get better, they always do in time. I have something for you." she said as she stood up and walked into the living room. She came back minutes later with a small box. I didn't have to guess what it was, the ring. she handed it to me with a genuine smile before sitting back down. I opened it before covering my mouth with my hand. Even though I said I wouldn't cry over my dead lover anymore I couldn't help but sob as I looked in the box. it was a wedding band with a single diamond and small emeralds. I looked up at Kathlene to see her crying as well. "It was his grandmothers ring, I want you to take it. he would like that, for you to take your own wedding ring." she cried harder. I had thought of ways to try and cheer her up, and I thought of the main reason to come over in the first place. I placed my hands on hers and said "I have news for you." she looked at me confused waiting for the news. "I'm 3 and a half weeks pregnant." I said, her face instantly brightened. She smiled and yelled for her husband, Anthony, who rushed down the stairs but stopped once he saw me. "Nice to see you, em. " He sat down beside his wife and grabbed her hand. "What's going on?"
"Em is pregnant she's 3and a half weeks." she said in rushed words. He smiled to himself and said "I'm finally a grandparent."