Chapter 27

Classes went by pretty fast for Sarah, that she was shocked by the speed

Classes went by pretty fast for Sarah, that she was shocked by the speed. Personally for her, she always felt like she spends a few decades out of her life in school every day and then goes back home. After her talk with the cops, Adrian decided to stick with her throughout all her classes for the day, and she was quite surprised at how he managed to do it.

As the bell rang to signal the end of the last class of the day, she picked up her backpack and headed out of the class with Adrian tailing behind her.

"We need to talk," she heard him say from behind her as they stepped into the school parking lot.

"Yeah, I know. But, not here where there a lot of ears," Sarah replied, nudging her head forward for him to follow her to her car.

When they entered her car and were away from listening ears, she told him everything that had been happening to her. She started with how she got a message from an unknown number and thought that it was just a prank but then it became consistent. And, the recent message was that of an image of Clara been tortured with a text stating that it was a gift to her.

"Really, Sarah, I can't believe that you've been going through all this and didn't tell anyone about it," Adrian reprimanded her after she explained everything to him.

"Actually, I did tell Clara about it, but she told me that it was just a prank and I shouldn't be bothered about it."

"Yeah, someone sending you creepy messages about serial killers is a prank," Adrian replied sarcastically. "Why don't we report this to the cops, they would know what to do. You've got to take these messages seriously."

"I'm not ready for my life to take a different turn with the police at my doorstep every single day, asking me different questions. I've got my final exams coming up and I wouldn't want anything to disrupt that."

"I understand your point, but you don't have to be a hero in this case."

"I'm not trying to be a hero here. I'm just trying to avoid further damage. Moreover, reporting this to the cop is just going to bring more attention to me and maybe aggravate whoever is sending these creepy messages."

"Okay, since you don't want to go to the cops, then what do you intend on doing?" Adrian asked.

Sarah sighed, "Honestly, I don't know. If only I could just find out the bastard sending me those messages." She complained bitterly.

Her complaint triggered a light bulb for Adrian and he snapped his head towards her. "I think I have an idea. I can ask someone from the company to trace the number. Maybe, then we can get a clue as to who is sending the messages."

"Yes, that's a great idea!" Sarah said joyfully. Finally, there was a solution to her problem.

~ ~ ~

Clara woke up with an uncomfortable feeling like she has been lying down for hours without moving. She tried to open her eyes but it was dark.

That's weird, she thought to herself.

She tried to move but, her body seemed to be immobile and that was when the reality of what was happening set in and, she let out a loud scream. A hard kick on her stomach stopped her, and she yelped in pain.

"Shut up, bitch. You've slept for too long and I've been waiting for you to wake up." A rough voice whispered to her ears.

"Let me go please," she pleaded as her eyes began to water with unshed tears.

"Ah... no, I'm not done with you yet, you vile creature," the voice said tauntingly.

"What do you want from me? If it's money, my family would give it to you. Just state the amount," she pleaded.

"Haha... you think I want your filthy money. You must be out of your mind if you think that I would go through the stress of bringing you here just because I want some useless money from you."

"Then what do you want?" Clara shouted out in frustration.

"Revenge," the voice replied.

Clara was confused by his demand. She couldn't think of anybody that she has annoyed to make them want to hurt her. "Who are you and what is it that I've done to you to make you abduct me from my family?" She asked.

"That, you would find out soon enough." The voice said as he picked her roughly by her hands from the floor and made her sit down on the wooden chair in the room.

Clara could feel a cold hand on her face as her abductor took off her blindfold. The room was very bright and it took her a while to adjust to the brightness of the light hanging above her. When her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she was shocked to find out who stood before her.

"You... but, why?" Clara asked with a lot of confusion. She just couldn't phantom the fact that he would be her abductor.

 She just couldn't phantom the fact that he would be her abductor