Ch. 48 Forgiveness

The day of Scarlets' parents funeral

I got up out of bed and took a shower. I put on a black bra set and a white button up, black slacks, and a black blazer. I did a natural look and went in my room to out on my shoes and Lea went in the bathroom when I came out. I sat on my bed and slid on my heels. My aunt Jovi set up my parents funeral. It's not a big one just at the graveyard. Small and simple. Not many family members could come at the time but others would come eventually. She came out in a white and black dress and black heels. She sat next to me and gave me a side hug. I hugged her back and got up taking her hand. We drove to the cemetery in my car.

*~*~*

The paster stopped speaking and it my turn to go up. I stood in between the two graves and gave my all.

"My parents were the two most greatest parents I could think of. My mother was a great woman even though we had our ups and downs, what mother and daughter don't. I never expected to be in the position where I have to burie my parents. I always thought it would be different. Well actually the complete opposite. I remember when she would take me on these play dates at the park across the street. The dances at middle school. My first date. My father was a whole different story. He wasn't around that much when I was younger. But when I was about 15 he was there more than ever. I remember when I went to prom he had a full on lecture to me about what not to end up doing. Or before I went off to college and he brought me my car before I even took my driving test. I guess they always had faith in my. I was just to shook up to realize it. For that I will always be great full for the parents I had. And I will always love them for it." I said and tears flowed down my face I wiped them away with my palms and went to go at and next to Lauren. She draped her arm around me and handed me a white rose. We stayed until the ceremony was over.

"Hey it will be okay." She said to me as I cryedvinto her shoulder.

"Thank you Lea," I said and sniffed "can I have a minute?"

"Yeah sure, I'll be over there waiting for you." She said and walked off to the car

I had two roses one in each hand. I stood in between their graves and took a moment. I took a deep breath and said "I forgive you both. I for give you mother even though you didn't want me to be a lesbian even though you sent your husband and his friend to rape me. I'm sorry for when I said I hate you. I was being stubborn and I didn't listen to you. I'm sorry for every time I cursed at you when you would hit me. I forgive you father even though you raped me. Even though you hit me and cut me with every ounce of your will power. I forgive the both of you for everything. I hope that you rest on peace. I will love and miss you for as long as I live." I took a deep breath and let the tears run down my face.

I took a step and laid down the two roses down on their stones. I stood looking at the two and felt it start to drizzle. I didn't mine though it was okay for the moment. I took another deep breath the and cried. I cried and cried and cried until I couldn't anymore. By the time I was done it was full on raining thunder and lightning every were. I walked over to the curb and Lea pulled up beside me. I opened the door and got in. She handed me a towel and I dried myself off.

"How did it go?" She asked.

"It was great. I forgave them for everything. It helped a lot." I said and smiled at her.

"I'm glad you feel better." She said returned the smile.

"How did you know I was going to need this towel?" I asked.

"I knew it was going to take you a while to get back. That towel was on your backseat." She said and started driving to her house.

Were spending a few nights at her house. It should be interesting as for the next few months they should be amazing. It will be like a whole new start for me. Lord knows I need that right now. But I'll have to face one day at a time.