[chapter: 24] pizza and music

AVENGERS X READER (MOSTLY STEVERODGERS):

Y/n was in charge of dinner for the first time. She was relatively new but the team trusted her to make her some food for the night, unaware of what they had just done. Y/n was making homemade pizza. Three separate pizzas, one cheese, one pepperoni and one with vegetables. She had learned how to make them from scratch when she was younger. Her mother would make them with love. She simply stole the recipe.

The team, thinking this was a good decision, was unaware of the fact she often blasts music when focusing on any sort of activity. She would usually wear headphones but she already started and couldn't leave. So she played the music just loud enough. Her music had a wide range consisting of different styles and time periods. Going from classic to K-pop.

"Hey, hey, hey lover!" A song rang out. Startling some however they kept to themselves. Y/n switched the song to play the next song.

"He was a famous trumpet man from out Chicago way!" She sang along softly, kneading the dough into place and placing the sauce on it. Steve recognized the melody immediately and rushed toward the sound to find it came from Y/n.

"Where'd you find this song?" He questioned rather quickly, startling her in the process.

"I've loved it since I was in 9th grade choir. Though I have loved jazz since middle school," She responded without trailing her eyes away from the pizza. Steve stayed for a minute before leaving her with her music.

"The night we met I knew I.." The next song started to which she sang along quickly.

"Needed you so and If I had the chance I'd never let you go. So won't you say you love me? I'll make you so proud of me. We'll make 'em turn their heads every place we go." Her voice grew louder with each rhyme, her hips swaying to the beat.

"So won't you please? Be my little baby, say you'll be my darling! Be my baby now, woah-oh-oh-oh." Dancing away and sticking the pizzas in the oven. Now done with actual cooking and now cleaning up.

"I'll make you happy. Baby just wait and see. For every kiss you give me. I'll give you three." She wiped down the counters and put ingredients away. "Oh since the day I saw you, I have been waiting for you. You know I will adore you 'til eternity." She opened her voice up more. Using her 9 years of choir to her advantage.

"So won't you please! Be my little baby, say you'll be my darling. Be my baby now, woah-oh-oh-oh." She twirled across the kitchen and swayed her hips to every beat.

"Didn't know we got a show with our dinner," A confident voice yelled from behind here. Tony. She turned around, startled more than before.

"O-oh, I um." Her head sulked down as she wasn't ready for the attention.

"I enjoyed your singing, lady Y/n," Thor said, or more so shouted. "As well as your midgardian dancing." The statement only made her face blush more. Her arms crossed over her body.

"Guys stop, leave her alone." Y/n sighed in relief as the words left Steve's mouth.

They started walking away, she mouthed a thank you to which he nodded with a smile. He stayed a moment longer. The oven beeped and Y/n grabbed some mitts before taking them out.

"Where did you learn how to make pizza?"

"When I was growing up my mom made it. I would help out," Y/n smiled at the thought of her mom. Her mother's death hurt her greatly. "When she died I had to found her recipe book. I picked up some cooking skills from her. Well," She sighed. Turning towards him. "Now that dinner is ready everyone can come back."

"We never left," Tony said coming out from behind the wall separating the kitchen and hallway.

A/N: I wanted to thank everyone for 1K READS! Thank you so much for the support I have been given! I'm honestly speechless so peace out Girl Scouts!

-Ray