Chapter Twenty Seven

8:02pm

Headphones plugged over the ears,Earnest jogged down the street and was almost switching lanes when the familiar bicycle appeared.

"Oh,Earn" Timothy called before he could say a word,"Are you going somewhere?"

"No,I'm getting back home"He replied and removed the headphones.

" From where?"Timothy had assumed he had gone to see Daisy.

"I went somewhere with Morenike" Earnest said and Timothy's face lit with a suspicious smile.

"It's funny"He said.

"What?"

"That you eventually like the black bitch"

"She's not a bitch" Earnest defended.

"She's not Daisy too". Timothy objected. If Earnest would say she was not a bitch,then he would argue also that she was not as pretty and perfect as Daisy.

" What's better in Daisy?". Earnest could not believe he was saying this. But in all honesty to him,Morenike was better or continued to get better each time. Morenike speaks the truth, she corrects his wrong deeds without mincing words and her emergence into his life had been soothing. She was just an angel sent to him that he had mistaken as a bitch ever since.

"Daisy is perfect and---" Timothy paused midway,causing their eyes to contact strongly,"How quick you've forgotten the plan from the beginning ". He said after the calculated pause.

"What plan?". Earnest pretended not to know.

"You don't know?".And Timothy would refuse to say it.

" I'm not competing with anyone again".Earnest spat in a second,"I want to run my race and my race only. I'm not interested in any filthy throne again. It's not all about ego and being famous. It's about being humble, being loved,being good and contented".He lashed further.

"Aggh. She has changed you". Timothy despaired.

" I love the new 'me' "Earnest retorted.

" New 'you' "Timothy just muttered and sighed.

"I'm about going" Earnest concluded and turned instantly to start moving.

"She is even taking you away from me" Timothy's voice halted his steps and made him turn back with a smile on his face.

"You know no one can ever"

"But you're walking out of me" Timothy accused.

"I thought you're on an errand" Earnest gave his excuse that caused his listener to chuckle.

"Alright, see ya later" Was all what Timothy said afterwards, then pushed his bicycle forward and started pedalling down the street.

Earnest waited a little longer,watching him as he pedalled on. He looked sad and not pleased. He was not a fan of Morenike but he had probably not known her well too.

No one would hate Morenike if they discovered the real good and interesting character she was.

Hope Timothy discover that very soon. Hope he would be able to live a life with Timothy and Morenike.

He could not afford to lose Timothy. No. Not for anything.