Chapter Forty Two

The noise jerked two of them up with equal gasps. What was that all about?. Kemi checked into the bedside clock and it was just midnight.

Her head burned when the realization came upon her that it was a brawl between Earnest and Mercy again.

Oh no. She almost wept at the thought of it. Not again. Not anymore should such a fight occur between the kids. She had thought they have both found a common ground over the past few days.

She scurried out of the room and fled down the stairs while Gideon trailed behind,equally worried. They traced the hot voices towards Earnest's bedroom and Kemi was more than certain that Mercy had intruded again to lash words at another rude act Earnest might have pulled off.

The door went wide opened and they were both stunned by what they saw. A beautifully painted portrait of them both at their twenties,wearing the traditional fabric of their memorable marriage ceremony.

The kids chuckled at their shock and chorused something into the air,

"Happy Wedding Anniversary. Mr and Mrs Williams"

Gideon grinned at the lovely sight while Kemi wanted to shout or scold them.

"You kids are---" But she could not complete the statement. An unreal joy immediately bathed her heart and cut her words short.

And then she decided it would be a more better act to rest her elated cheek on her husband's chest and watch the kids also in total admiration.

"You kids are wonderful". Gideon said as he caressed her hair.

" Thank you,you're lovely things". Kemi also eventually came back to words with the fattest smile.

"Anything for you,Mum and Dad. We really really love you two. We really love the joy that had come back to this family recently". Mercy said.

" Yeah,"Gideon nodded,"Had I know it would be this sweet,I would never had left for a second". He lamented with his eyes falling almost to the tune of tears.

"C'mon Dad. You haven't even seen anything yet". Earnest came in with a secret wink at Mercy.

" Really?". Said Kemi while rubbing a palm over Gideon's shoulder to console him.

"We organized a party for you guys". Mercy disclosed.

" Party?".Kemi's amazement shot to a higher level and Gideon also shared in the moment. The kids really planned a party for them?.

"A night party today. Here in the compound". Earnest added.

" And you've sent invitations? ". Gideon asked,his face returning to a glow.

" Fifty guests,Dad. Fifty".Earnest assured.

"And we have your party attires ready. An order from Rome" Mercy inserted.

"Woah". Kemi almost stumble with astonishment.

" You kids are even richer than your Dad". Gideon joked.

"It was Mercy's savings"Earnest said in a mock accusation.

" He added a little too". Mercy defended.

"And we have friends who also supported". Earnest added.

" They are all coming tonight?"

"Of course. Plus you two friends too"

"Ahh..." Kemi sounded outdone with thrill. The kids had pulled an enormous surprise game on them and it caught them well. Completely. And she could imagine instantly how the compound would be by the night,what melodious sounds it would be filled it and what sweet smell would grace the party under the stars.