Chapter 43

Jaden and Alexis sat down and joined the parents while a few businessmen and their wives headed to the room Seto Kaiba sat at.

"Must be having a discussion in there..." Mr. Rhodes muttered, wanting to talk with Seto Kaiba himself.

The waiter came and took their orders. Jaden decided to have the chicken dinner with lemonade while Alexis had the salmon with iced tea.

Mrs. Rhodes gave a smile. "So you two, where should we have the wedding? I was thinking we could have it at the beach... or maybe we could rent a rose garden, or maybe even have it in Paris!" she suggested.

"Whoa slow down, mom." Alexis replied. "We have plenty of time for that."

Mrs. Rhodes shook her head. "Nonsense, Lexi. A wedding takes time. What do you think is good, Jaden?"

Jaden's eyes widened. "Uhhh... well I..."

Alexis stood up from her chair. "I need to head to the restroom, I'll be right back."

Mrs. Rhodes nodded and the blonde headed to the bathroom. Jaden cursed under his breath as Mrs. Rhodes continued to go on about her ideal wedding for her daughter.

Alexis stood in front of the faucet and checked herself in the mirror. "Okay Lexi... we'll get through this..." she whispered to herself as she carefully applied a coat of rosy pink lipstick.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Serenity Kaiba, who had the same idea to look over herself in the mirror. Alexis froze as she heard the Kaiba wife approach the faucet next to her.

"Goodness, the restaurant is nearly packed..." Serenity commented, trying to make conversation.

'Just act natural...' Alexis thought, giving her lungs a breath of fresh air.

"Y-Yeah, I heard the food is nice here." The blonde replied.

Serenity nodded as she checked her mascara in her reflection. "Oh I agree, although my husband disagrees for some reason." she replied. Alexis glanced at the youthful, looking mother, she did resemble Jaden yet her features were more soft and feminine. Her hazel eyes were also more rounded and her skin was slightly paler than his. She also didn't look a day over twenty five.

Although what stood out most was her smile, it was warm and contagious just like her son's. This woman practically glowed a happy aura.

Serenity took a look at Alexis. "Why... I've seen your picture before. You were on that swimsuit magazine!"

Alexis blushed slightly. "Y-Yeah that's me... guilty as charged."

"You looked so beautiful!" Serenity praised. "Are you a model?"

Alexis shook her head. "No but my brother's a part time one. He wanted me to do this." the blonde explained.

The auburn haired woman nodded. "Well I'm glad he got you to do it."

Alexis was surprised that she was actually nice... and that she was married to Seto Kaiba. The Kaiba CEO was known to the public as a strict, power hungry, no nonsense type of man, however his wife was sweet as candy. Although Seto Kaiba couldn't be too bad, his construction for Kaiba Land and Duel Academy for the youth proved it.

"What is your name, dear?" Serenity asked, now curious of the girl.

"Alexis Rhodes." The blonde replied, giving her a bow. "And... you're Mrs. Kaiba, correct?"

Serenity nodded. "Correct, my name is Serenity."

'Serenity... That's a nice name...' Alexis thought.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Mrs. Kaiba." Alexis complimented.

"Likewise, I hope you have a wonderful meal, Alexis." Serenity replied. "But... before you go... may I ask you something personal?"

Alexis turned around. "Sure, what's wrong?"

The mother's face turned from happy to a more serious expression at what she was about to say.

"Well... I know someone dear to me... he's quite adventurous and I worry about him. Yet he's growing up and making some rather... huge decisions at a young age, I mean am I just paranoid? Cause I do want him to become a man and make his own choices." Serenity explained.

The mother couldn't say she was referring to Jaden due to keeping her son's identity a secret to keep away the paparazzi. It was a huge decision, but that was life of being a wife to a celebrity and powerful CEO.

Alexis figured she was probably talking about Jaden. "Well, I think it's natural to be worried, but everyone makes mistakes. It's part of life I guess." the blonde explained with a small smile. "But you gotta let whoever this man is grow up for himself."

Serenity nodded. "That's very wise... I guess you're right. Thank you, I hope we meet again, Alexis Rhodes."

Alexis nodded. "Just trying to help." she said. "and I hope we meet again too."

'What a nice woman... I guess Jaden inherited his friendly aura from her.' Alexis wondered as she headed back to the table.

Serenity smiled as the young woman left. "Alexis... I think she would make a wonderful daughter-in-law..." she wondered to herself.