Chapter One

The cameras flashed everywhere around me, I tried to pretend I wasn't anxious at the thought of being seen at this thing. Premier Nights weren't my favourite part of being friends with actor. They filled me with a sense of anxiety that before Tom got famous I'd never felt before. I felt a hand at my elbow.

"You look worse than Tom and he's the one everyone came to see" Harry laughed. Harry Holland. Little shit. Twin #2.

"I hate these things" I muttered, his hand tapped at my elbow in reassurance. I tried to find it reassuring. I failed.
"You can hide behind me if you want" he offered, I think he noticed my unease. The uneven pattern of my breathing and most obvious, I was biting my nails like crazy, my mother was going to have a fit when she saw them. I smiled at Harry, I tried to smile like I wasn't panicking but I think Harry saw straight through me. A side effect of spending so much time around the Holland Boys.
"Thanks for the offer, but Sam is still my favourite twin" I replied, a joke seemed the right way to go. Harry sent me a dirty look.
"He got you the guitar for Christmas three years ago, let it go," He said shaking his head in disapproval. I snorted.

He was right. Three years ago on Christmas day Sam Holland, other little shit and Twin #1 had gifted me a Fender FSR CC-60s Mahogany Concert Acoustic Guitar and it was still the light in my life. You would think that my best friend would have been the one that had bought me the greatest present I'd ever received but Tom didn't understand guitars and we had a deal that meant that Tom wouldn't buy me anything to do with music and I wouldn't buy him anything to do with golf because I couldn't understand golf to save my life.

I'd been spending part of my Christmas holiday with the Hollands since I was 10 years old. My mother and Nikki had been neighbours (-and best friends!) as long as either of them could remember. My mother worked as a care assistant and more often than not she had to work 12-hour shifts around the Christmas period so I learned from a very young age that the Hollands were like a second family to me. Every time my mum had to work overtime to make ends meet or couldn't come and get me from school because she just couldn't get her half an hour break yet, I would go to the Hollands and looking back now that time I spent at their house became some of the best memories of my childhood.

The cameras flashed again and the sound of the crowd outside the cinema got infinitely louder bringing me kicking and screaming back to the present.
"Guess Tom's here" I muttered. I heard the sound of tyres squealing outside and the sound of chanting got louder. Damn those fangirls and their seemingly infinite lung capacity.
"Tom! Tom!" They shouted I leaned on the door frame and watched the scene unfold. At some point during Tom's grand entrance, Harry went to find Sam and I was left alone. I wasn't fond of being left alone but Sam was doing photographs for the premier and he needed help. The cinema seemed bigger than it had been all the times I'd been there before. Somehow leaning against the door waiting for my best friend to come waltzing through it, when he was done sighing autographs, the place seemed to be the size of the Blackpool Tower Ballroom. The dress that I'd squeezed myself in to for the occasion felt tighter than ever, my chest was painfully constricted.

I had been thinking about leaving when the door in front of me opened and a familiar face was hurried through by security men that were three times his size, that was saying a lot recently. Tom had been working his arse off in the gym and was around twice the size he used to be.

I took my time to take in his appearance before he noticed me, his face was flushed. His navy suit was dishevelled, the grey shirt underneath was flecked with sweat and his hair was sticking to his forehead with the same sweat from running around signing autographs and taking pictures with the aforementioned fangirls.

"Tommy" I called, he jumped a mile and looked over to where I was standing by the door. I saw the relief cross over his face that I wasn't someone he didn't know watching him at what could be considered a vulnerable moment. I was the only person who could call him that.