Nine

"Where are the guys?" I ask as we walk out of Macy's with a large bag.
I ended up loving everything I tried on, so she ended up getting me everything.

     "I think they're meeting us at the food court," Jennifer says as she starts leading me down the hall.

     I nod, figuring I should've assumed so.
They're guys. They were probably hungry, and bored from shopping.

"They also got you a couple things," she adds, smiling over her shoulder at me.

"Is that why you asked me what size shoe I wear?" I ask, playfully narrowing my eyes at her.

She giggles a bit, but doesn't say anything as we step onto the escalator.

"I knew it!" I say, laughing, although I feel bad.
I don't like when people spend their own money on me, but they're right. I don't have many clothes, nor shoes. I have these sandals, and a pair of three year old Nikes, which the soles are coming apart on.

"There they are!" Jennifer says as we walk into the food court from the escalator.

I look around, unable to see where she found them until my eyes land on the three guys with two empty chairs.

"Hey, Addison, we got you a few things." Shaun says as we sit down, moving two bags into sight, one holding two boxes, and one only holding one box.

"Thank you guys.. you really didn't have to though," I say as I pull one of the boxes out, and open it to find a pair of all white Nike Air's.
The next box contained a pair of Adidas, with the gold adidas symbol on the back, and the third held a pair of black combat boots.

I tear up as I put the last box back in the bag.
"Thank you guys, I really wasn't expecting this." I say as I wipe a stray tear.

"Well of course," Shaun says, smiling as he sets all the bags from shopping today together.
"You okay with Chinese food for lunch?" He asks as he stands up.

"Mhm! I haven't had it in so long," I say, grinning as I stand up.

"Sounds good, if you three wanna stay here you can. I already know what you're gonna order," Shaun adds with a chuckle.

"I'll come with!" Jennifer chirps as she stands up.

"Okay, then I guess you and Jace are staying?" Shaun asks, looking at Karl.

"Yup," Karl responds shortly, looking down at his phone.

Shaun and Jennifer lead me to the Chinese food stand, and I look up at the menu.

Ugh, so much stuff to choose from. Everything looks so good.

"Can we get three Kung Pao chickens, with three sides of fried rice, please?" Shaun orders, smiling at the lady behind the counter.

She nods in response, and grabs three foam to go containers, which have the three compartments.

Thank god. I hate when my food touches my rice.

"I'll get a sesame chicken," Jennifer pipes in as the lady closes the three boxes.

"Make that two of those," I add, afraid she didn't hear me until she grabs two boxes and starts putting sesame chicken in each.

My eyes light up as I see the chicken steaming.
It's fresh. The best time to get it.

"Oh and fried rice for me," Jennifer adds.

"Chow mein in mine please!" I say, borderline drooling.

"Thirty even please," the lady says as she walks up to the computer and punches in our order.

Shaun swipes his card and grabs the bag the lady put the boxes in.
"No receipt please," Shaun says, holding his hand up as to say 'thanks' before he turns and begins walking back to our table.

"Hey, cutie! You single?" I hear just from my left.

I look over, my eyes wide to see a tall man walking through the food court.

"No, she isn't." Jennifer answers for me, with a stern voice as she grabs my hand, making it obvious so the guy would back off.

"Thank you," I mumble as we grow closer to the table.

"C'mon, sweets. Lesbian action is hot anyways," the man says, now following us, causing chills to run down my spine.

I am not going to have another panic attack. Not here.

"Hey man," I hear Shaun snap.

I look up quickly, finding that Shaun set down the food and got up in the strangers face.

"You're making them uncomfortable. Back off. I don't want to have to call security on you for harassing them," he growls, not standing down even when the stranger scoffs and crosses his arms.

"What are they gonna do? Arrest me?" He asks with a smirk.

"He said back off man." Karl barks as he walks over with Jace.

"It's either you deal with security or you deal with us." Jace adds, stepping in front of me and Jennifer, his posture being defensive.

The stranger looks at the three guys before scoffing and turning around.
"Fine, you guys just want them for yourselves." He grumbles as he walks away.

"Oh, shut the fuck up! You're a creep, and you know it!" Jennifer yells, rage in her eyes.

"Jen honey, calm down." Karl says, taking her face in his hands so she looks at him.

"You okay?" Jace asks, turning to face me.

"I-I'm fine," I say softly, watching to make sure the guy doesn't come back.
"That's just never happened to me before. Can we go soon?" I ask, looking down as I rub one of my arms.

"Of course," Shaun says, turning towards me.
"Let's just eat, then we can head out, sound good?" He adds with a reassuring smile.

I smile back and nod as my stomach lets out a loud growl.

Shaun laughs as he picks up the bag of food and we all walk back to the table.
"Good," he says as he sits down and begins pulling boxes out, "let the feast begin!" He jokes as the rest of us sit down where our corresponding dishes are.