C H A P T E R F I V E

_____________________________
TRIGGER WARNING: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND VERBAL ABUSE _____________________________

_____________________________TRIGGER WARNING: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND VERBAL ABUSE _____________________________

my boy~ Billie Eilish

~W H O A R E Y O U ?~
"Who am I if I'm not myself?"

"WHO ARE you?" He asked, his voice deep and velvety.

The answer, to most people, would be so easy to answer. To most people, it'd be their name and a simple trait about them. "I'm Jessica George and I hate bugs," or "I'm Oliver Stewart and I play the tuba." But to Blaise, that question was hard to answer around him. Until he made it clear, until he told her countless times who she was. Because to him, she wasn't "Blaise Nightshade, a girl with a big heart." Oh no, that would make her her own person. And we couldn't have that.

How can he control her if she's her own person?

The first time he asked that question, Blaise answered, "Um... I'm Blaise? You should know this."

He shook his head with an evil smirk. "I know that baby, but that's not the right answer."

Blaise was left confused. Who am I if I'm not myself? She questioned.

The next day, he asked the same thing, this time as he was kissing her neck. "Who are you?"

Blaise didn't answer, too overwhelmed with what he was doing to her, but quickly snapped out of her haze when he pinched her butt.

"I'm Blaise Nightshade," she answered breathlessly.

He stopped kissing her neck and picked her up off of his lap, placing her on the spot next to him. Blaise whined in protest, but he held up a finger.

"Wrong again, feuer." He clicked his tongue. (Fire) (German)

Blaise pouted in annoyance. She wasn't wrong. She was Blaise Nightshade, that was who she was. That's who she is.

Maybe he wants a more in-depth answer? She thought.

The next day, he asked the same thing while the two were cuddling. He was twirling a piece of hair around his long fingers, his eyes focused on the TV in front of him.

"Who are you?" He questioned.

Blaise rolled her eyes. "I'm Blaise Kindle Nightshade; one of the best fighters the Devil Serpents has ever had," she announced proudly. She had been practicing that all night.

Suddenly, he growled and pushed her onto the ground. Blaise yelped and cursed when her elbow hit the carpet that felt more like concrete than anything. She glared up at him as her whole arm tingled in pain. Why on Earth is it called the funny bone? It's not funny! Blaise complained in her head.