Chapter 15

Elly was over the moon to know her fathers were working on getting back together. She couldn't keep the excited grin off of her face the night that Blaine stayed over, and they had both blushed as she watched them.
Blaine's mother was ecstatic, as were Mercedes and Bex.

"Daddies?" Elly asked in a sweet voice, where she sat looking between them both with a grin.

They both turned to her with raised eyebrows, and she giggled.

"So, no that you are sort of together again," she started and Kurt and Blaine exchanged a glance and a smile, "would you do a duet for my project?"

"A duet?"

"Our solo performances obviously aren't good enough." Kurt whispered to Blaine playfully and Elly rolled her eyes.

"It's not that, it's just, the project is about family, so now that my family is meshed back together, maybe we could show that in the music?" She explained and Kurt chuckled.

"Oh honey, I was teasing," Kurt said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and kissed her head, "if your father agrees, I would love to sing with him."

"Daddy?" Elly raised her eyebrows as she looked at Blaine, and Blaine looked between her and Kurt's face, before sighing a little over dramatically.

"Fine."

"Can we do it after breakfast? It needs to be in tomorrow." Elly bombarded them and they both laughed before agreeing.

After breakfast Elly set up her recorder, and they were discussing what song to do. it had to be something that represented them, and their family. Above all their relationship.

Blaine literally beamed with inspiration as he whispered his idea to Kurt, who nodded in agreement.

"Ok, ready honey?" Kurt asked Elly and she gave him a thumbs up.

"Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes But it's the only thing that I know," Blaine started and then Kurt joined him on the next lines, their voices mixing so well together that Elly froze with a smile as she watched them.

"When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes It is the only thing that makes us feel alive."

"We keep this love in a photograph We made these memories for ourselves Where our eyes are never closing Hearts are never broken And time's forever frozen still."

"So you can keep me Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home."

They both were giving each other such an emotion filled look, that Elly felt like she was intruding on something.

"Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul And it's the only thing that I know, know I swear it will get easier,
Remember that with every piece of you Hm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die."

She stopped the recording as her father's were sitting and staring at each other, obviously caught up in each other, forgetting she was even there. She grinned before sneaking her way out, maybe she would go and put her project together at her friend's house instead.

She giggled as she shut the front door, and that seemed to snap Kurt and Blaine out of the trance they were both in.

Kurt smiled shyly at him, receiving a small smile in return from Blaine, before they crashed together.

Blaine moaned into Kurt's mouth as both sets of lips fell open to deepen it. Tongues collided and hands were everywhere, pushing at clothes and tugging at hair.