❀ 03. ᴘᴀᴍᴘᴇʀ

"Inosuke..." she mumbled out as she started to poke her husband's cheek a little as she propped herself up on with the help of her elbow. She then frowned a little then as her husband continued to be in a deep sleep. She let out a soft sigh as she raised her hand and looked at the messy dressing it had.

Given how Inosuke wasn't the best at giving medical treatment, not like she was complaining.

She then slowly sat up as she was just about to get off from the bed, only to have his arms wrapped around her waist and he easily pulled her back onto the bed, with her back resting against his bare upper body once more.

"Where are you going?" he mumbled out and slowly opened his green eyes to look at how she was reacting, only to notice how she looked exhausted once again. He then frowned, sitting up as his arms remained wrapped around her waist.

"Nightmares again?" he asked, and [name] slowly nodded her head.

"Urgh... Are you sure it isn't that fucking demon's doing?" he asked once more and [name] slowly shook her head in response as she patted his arms gently with her small hands.

"If it was... I would have already known... It's just the guilt is haunting me, Inosuke... The guilt of not being able to protect our child," she mumbled out and Inosuke could only swallow the lump in his throat then as [name] laid back down right next to him.

He sighed as he remained seated, with his large hand caressing her exposed shoulder gently and he couldn't help but feel the twang of pain within his heart as he looked at her facial expression. Looking closer as well, noticing how her eyebags were getting worst each night.

"Shouldn't you get ready for your mission?" [name] asked as she slowly reached out and placed her small hand onto his thigh and patted it gently, only to watch as Inosuke laid back down and he looked deep into her electric blue eyes.

"I'm off today. Did you forget?" he asked, and [name] let a small smile grace upon her lips as he shifted closer to her, wrapping his arms around her waist and tugging her against his body.

"Hm... Kind of..." she whispered out and Inosuke could only frown slightly as he continued to pat her gently on her back. He then noticed how [name] was staring blankly towards their wardrobe, only for him to remember how her uniform was hanging there right next to his.

Untouched for months.

"Let's go and shower," he mumbled out and [name] slowly lifts her head and looked at him a little in response, only to hear the doorbell ringing and Inosuke grunted in response as he got up. [name] then sat in bed, looking daze with her platinum violet hair messy from the constant turning she had done in the middle of the night.

And she heard the sound of something being dragged into their house, and her pink-tinted lips parted as she recognized a certain Sun Hashira who was wearing the hanafuda earrings. She tilts her head a little as Tanjiro chuckled, looking at her.

"Good afternoon, [name]. It's been a while," he spoke out and [name] slowly nodded her head in response as he walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed, gently patting her on the head.

"I can smell how exhausted and frightened you are," he spoke out and [name] nodded her head once more, unable to hide anything from Tanjiro due to his enhanced sense of smell. He softly chuckled and [name] noticed Kanao entering the room.

"[name], it's been a while. How are you?" Kanao asked as she sat down next to [name] on the bed and gently held her hand in hers. Kanao then frowned at how much weight [name] had lost over the months and she looked at her with a concerned pair of eyes.

"Tired..." she whispered out and Kanao could only gently pat her on the thigh and [name] laughed softly as she started to hear a whining voice, and something breaking in the house. Shaking her head a little in response as she recognized the whining voice of the Thunder Hashira.