❀ 07. ʜᴀʟʟᴜᴄɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

"Fucking tired..." Inosuke muttered to himself as he walked towards the front door of his apartment that he stayed in with [name] and rummaged through his bag to find his keys. Realizing that he had forgotten it at home, he grumbled under his breath, about to turn and climb down the building which was something he much prefered to do than to wait for the lift, only for the front door to open.

"Inosuke?" she mumbled out and Inosuke smiled softly as he looked at [name] who was still up at this ungodly hour. He watched as she pushed the door opened wider for him and he entered. Plopping his work bag down and nichirin blades as well, he pulled [name] in for a tight hug and planted a deep kiss on her lips when she shut the door.

"I missed you," he whispered out as [name] leaned her head against his chest to hear his heartbeat. He then turned to look and noticed that she was doing the chores in the house, and how she was folding the laundry that came out from the dryer.

"Can't sleep? I heard from Gyomei-aniki about what happened earlier on... Are you okay?" he asked and [name] nodded her head in response as she lets go of him and walked back to the sofa to resume her folding. She then easily tossed Inosuke fresh sweatpants as he walked past her behind the sofa.

He then went to shower and came out quickly only for him to lean against the doorframe of their master bedroom and remained silent as he looked at [name] who was smiling to herself. His green eyes laid upon how the smile on her face was so fake.

He could tell just by the look of it. It was so obvious to him, and his heart was aching at the way she was acting. Trying her best to be strong although she felt like dying on the inside once again. He then grunted and pushed himself off the frame, walking to where she was and plopping himself down beside her.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in, kissing her on the side of her head and he watched as she turned to look at him with a wide smile on her face. He frowned as his free hand grabbed hold of her chin and stared deep into her electric blue eyes.

He pushed her down onto the sofa, pushing off the laundry that has yet to be folded. Hovering above her as his hands were on either side of her face. He leans down, kissing her deeply once again as her arms found its way towards his neck, wrapping around it and pulling him down.

His large rough hand found its way beneath the oversized shirt that belonged to him.

Tracing her delicate fair and soft skin.

"I love you," he whispered into her ear as he planted kisses behind her earlobe, down to her jawline and started to plant kisses down her neck as well. He then withdrew as he looked into her pair of electric blue eyes.

How he vowed to ensure [name] would fully recover.

His duty as a husband to protect his wife.

And he vowed to love her for all eternity.

"I love you so much. More than I love tempura," he whispered out and [name] laughed softly.

"Yeah... I know..." she whispered out as he kissed her once more on the cheek.

--

Inosuke shifted a little in his sleep. He tightened his hold on his wife's body and slowly opened his green eyes. Squinting slightly due to how the curtains to the balcony weren't covering the doors and the bright sunlight was shining through the gap. He then blinked his eyes a few times and soon it adjusted to the brightness.

Looking down, he noticed [name] was sleeping soundly against his chest once more. Her long platinum violet hair slightly messy and he gently caressed her exposed shoulder. Pulling the covers over her a little more as her shoulders were cold.