❀ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

"It's comforting. It's warm. This reminds me a lot about [name]'s warmth," Inosuke thought to himself as he looked around. His green eyes could only widen then as he looked towards a bright light and it seems to be coming closer to him.

The sound of a waterfall was heard, and Inosuke opened his eyes slowly. His green hues then widened then as he noticed how he was laying down on a grass patch. Sitting up slowly, he looked around at the beautiful scenery.

Then his eyes laid upon [name], who was standing by the waterfall, waving towards him. Quickly getting onto his feet then, he scurried over to where she was and hugged her tightly. Causing her to laugh in response then.

She then smiled as she returned the hug, feeling the Beast Hashira, aka, her husband crying against her chest as he continued to have a tight hold on her petite body.

"Where are we?" he asked and noticed how [name] had on a sad look on her face. She pressed her lips into a fine thin line as she slowly tiptoed as Inosuke bends down to allow her to pat him on the head, gently ruffling his locks.

"You, are currently resting. That's okay, Inosuke... And I'm sorry," she said with a sad smile and Inosuke's eyes widened as she took a step back away from his hold. His lips trembled as [name]'s body started to glow with a certain light.

Her body started to disperse into a light, and soon it turned into a body full of butterflies, which then started to flutter away, going with the wind.

And Hashibira Inosuke's eyes widened at what had happened as tears rolled down his face.

"Why are you leaving me?" he whispered to himself as his lips continued to tremble with the tears flowing down quickly.

The sound of machine beeping was heard. Inosuke shifted a little and he slowly opened his green eyes and looked around. Recognizing the white walls and ceiling of the ward that was available in the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters.

He blinked his eyes a few times and noticed how he felt his cheeks were wet. He slowly sat up on the bed and looked around, realising how he was alone in the ward. His green eyes laid upon his uniform, nichirin blades and wedding band that were placed neatly on the bedside table.

He pulled the covers away as he got off the bed, wincing at the amount of pain he was feeling through his body. His large hand reached out as he grabbed hold of the wedding band and slipped it onto his left ring finger.

He looked around confusedly as he tried to remember what had happened to him. He only remembered that he was poisoned heavily, and he frowned a little more as he tried to think if they had succeeded in accomplishing the mission.

He heard the door to the ward he resided in sliding opened and his green eyes laid upon his friends who came in with their wives. He then watched and felt as Tanjiro punched him gently on the side of his arm.

"Took you long enough to wake up," Tanjiro spoke out and Inosuke nodded his head in response as he looked at the Sun Hashira.

"How long was I out for?" he asked, and Zenitsu looked at his phone and he let out a sigh.

"A whole month, Inosuke. It was shocking, usually, you would be the first to wake up out of us three," Zenitsu spoke out and Inosuke chuckled softly as he looked down at his wedding band once more. His lips pressed into a fine thin line then as he wondered where [name] was.

"Where is [name]?" he asked and noticed how his friends tensed up. His green eyes widened at how they were acting and somehow fear ran through his mind. His lips pressed into a fine thin line as he slowly parted them once again to speak.