The Marksman // G.D

Grayson Dolan had a unique skill set. He never missed. His ability was unparalleled. The youngest, the most skilled and above all the highest-ranking marksman in the NCIS - Naval. Criminal. Investigative. Service.

Although Grayson, alongside his twin brother Ethan who served as an investigative agent, had an incredibly intense and demanding job title. He always made time to enjoy life. How could he not? When he has the most beautiful and intelligent woman by his side. Y/n Y/l/n - soon to be Y/n Dolan. A stunning white gold engagement ring wrapped around her delicately manicured finger. A symbol of love and commitment.

Grayson adored his soon to be wife, he considered himself the luckiest man in the world to have her perfect self by his side. Every morning before Grayson went to work - Y/n would make him a coffee and a slice of avocado toast. She was his backbone, without her? Grayson was pretty sure he'd implode.

Life was hard - challenging at times and sometimes he was the taker of life. That weighs heavily on even the toughest of men. But with Y/n by his side? Life was good, life was great, life was perfect........until it wasn't.

There was nothing out of the ordinary about this particular morning. Grayson groaned as his alarm when off at 4am, the smell of his fiancée freshly cleaned hair a soothing note in the air around him.

His back stinging - marks from last night and nights prior still prominent and deep. Her cat claws scratching at his back muscles when he'd hit deep - hit hard.

Grayson wrapped his arms around her waist - his tight hold and bulging muscles holding her tight in his grip.

"Morning'" Grayson grumbled into her soft and supple neck. Small and delicate goosebumps littering her skin as she smiled softly and moaned in response.

"No, not Mornin', stay in bed—" she incoherently mumbled.

"Can't" Grayson chuckled. "Gotta have a shower" untangling himself from his semi-naked fiancée - taking a second to admire her beauty. He really was in love, so in love.

While Grayson showered - letting the steam open his pores as he sat on the built-in step, Y/n trudged her tried self into the kitchen and began her morning ritual. Two coffees, two pieces of avocado toast and a face mask.

Sitting at the dining table with her laptop open - she sipped her coffee as she began paying their monthly bills. Y/n was smart with numbers - with math in general. Specifically financial statements and savings. A banker, Y/n was always in her head dealing with other people's financial positions. So much so she sometimes disregarded her own health and well-being, she'd only just noticed that the smell of the freshly smashed avocado made her want to vomit as she raised it closer to her mouth. Gagging as she placed it back onto the plate.

Without thinking, Y/n pressed finalise payments for their monthly bills. Forgetting she hadn't added the phone bill. A pretty substantial payment in all honesty. Rushing to the sink to spill her guts. Coughing and spewing the content of her stomach which technically wasn't much being so early in the morning - but that didn't change the fact she loved avocados.

Washing her hands and mouth out - Y/n sighed as she leaned on the bench. Wiping the evidence of her sudden throw up from the corner of her chin as her soon to be husband rounded the corner - fixing his casual button-down. Hair still wet like an un-groomed dog.

"You good mama?" That nickname sending shivers down her spine. A true shock to the system - she and Grayson hadn't been actively trying. Both wanting to wait until after the wedding. Could she be? No?. She stood there biting her lip in a trance-like state for a few seconds. Having an existential crisis as to whether or not she should tell Grayson she have just chucked at the smell of avocados - optioning to keep quiet.