GQ--Man Of The Year // E.D

"Can I get a Vodka Redbull please?" you asked the bartender with a shy smile. "but can you put in a champagne glass?" giving you a weird facial expression – he complied with your strange request, moments later bring you the champagne class pull of the golden bubbly liquid.

"Thanks" you gestured with yet again with the same shy smile that you had greeted him with a few minutes prior. As you sipped the alcoholic beverage you looked around the ballroom for your date, panic beginning to set in real quick when your wide eyes never met his.

"Shit" you mumbled under your breath, your eyes frantically scanning the bustling ballroom for your best friend. Before you reached full panic mode – an all to familiar hand placed itself delicately onto your right hip from behind, a gentle chuckle in your left ear made you instantly relax – it was him, no other than your best friend, Ethan Dolan.

"Real classy Y/n?" Ethan whispered in your ear - not before taking the glass from your hand, taking a small sip of the Vodka Redbull which filled your glass. Ethan placed the cool glass back in your manicured hand before walking you to your assigned table.

"You should've known better than to bring me out in public, especially to something this fancy." You sassed as you walked with Ethan to your seats, the room now settling as other guest did the same.

"Had to settle" Ethan kissing your cheek softly to stop you from turning to hit his chest playfully, a reaction he was quick to respond to after knowing you for almost his entire life. "Didn't have anyone else to bring – besides, kinda can't wait to see you cry when I win Man of The Year." Pulling your chair out for you, his smug attitude made you giggle, his face instantly lighting up at the sound of your beautiful giggle – a giggle he cherished just as much as the girl it came from.

Ethan had been nominated for a Man of The Year award for his recent humanitarian work. Although he wasn't in it for the praise, it was nice to see him be recognised for his tireless efforts. Not wanting to show up to such an important and publicised event alone, and with Grayson being unavailable due to his wife being undeniably ready to pop any day now, it was a no brainer that Ethan would ask you to accompany him halfway across the country, to New York.

"You do realise all these men are nominated? You might not even receive an award, don't be so sure of yourself Dolan" you teased as he pushed you into the table via your chair, a little to fast for your liking – a gentle squeal leaving your mouth as you collided with the perfectly decorated table. The aesthetically pleasing ordainments and beautifully smelling candles shaking momentarily as you gripped the edge. "Ethan!" you hissed, laughing as you blushed crimson. Other occupants at the table staring at the two of the youngest adults in the room, most likely thinking – 'what are two children doing here?'

"Don't doubt me bub, I've got this in the bag and you know it." There it was, the nickname that near sent you into cardiac arrest every damn time it left his perfect lips. You watched as Ethan took his seat next to you – noticing for the first time that night just how grown out yet tamed his facial hair had become. It was almost a full beard at this point, and it looked right at home on his perfectly handsome face. His voice bringing you back down to earth.

"huh?" you asked, completely dazed for a moment as you shook your head slightly. Ethan throwing his head back in a soft chuckle at the sight of you being so frazzled.

"I said, you look good? The wigs s'nice touch, never thought you'd rock platinum blonde." Through near panic and Ethan distracting you – you had almost forgotten the entire theme of the night, 1920's glam.