Weekend "Date" part 2

DINNER

I asked her where she'd like to eat and told her it was on me. I had saved up a bit of money before our meet up so I could spend a little bit more if ever she picked a pricey place. I wanted to make a good impression on her.

She decided that we should eat in a nearby samgyeopsal place, and I agreed, although I expected her to pick a more well-known fancy restaurant

She decided that we should eat in a nearby samgyeopsal place, and I agreed, although I expected her to pick a more well-known fancy restaurant. Nevertheless, it was her choice so I just went with it. The smell of grilled pork assaulted us as we entered the restaurant. The place felt warm and cozy as we entered; the atmosphere filled with energy and the chatter of people getting together over food and drinks. We took a seat and removed our jackets.

"Order anything you'd like, don't hold back on me."

I spoke as if I was a chaebol heir.

"Don't go broke on me on our first date, okay?"

She laughed at me, showing her lovely eye smile as she ordered our meal.

Hearing the word "date" falling off her lips all of the sudden shook me to the bones

Hearing the word "date" falling off her lips all of the sudden shook me to the bones. I never thought of our meeting today as a date until she mentioned it herself. Well, maybe I did think of it as a date but I didn’t want to be assuming. As expected, once again she made my heart skip a beat.

The server came and took our orders. I let Mina take the reins and she ordered two servings of samgyupsal, and another two servings of the marinated kind, and soybean paste soup or doenjang jjigae. I did not expect someone with such a small frame like hers to have a huge appetite.

Oh my gosh! Did I order too much? I just got carried away!” she said.

No! Don’t worry about it! It’s my pleasure to feed you!” I replied.

Mina looked at me weirdly. What the heck did I just say?!

No! I mean- I mean…” I trailed off.

Mina laughed. “I get it. I get it. Thank you for the meal, Y/N. I’ll enjoy the feast!

We both laughed. I could see that Mina was someone who was considerate and I appreciated her understanding my awkwardness and lack of better words to say.