12

6 1/2 Years Later...
~~~~~

I rolled over in bed, blocking the sun from my eyes.

"Good morning, beautiful", Joey whispered. I smiled up at him.
"Good morning." I curled up next to Joey for a little while longer, before I heard little footsteps running into our room.

"Mommy! Daddy!", Natalie cried out as she jumped into our bed. Joey and I laughed as she sat down between us.

"Good morning, honey", I said.
"Good morning", Natalie said with a smile.

Natalie was now seven years old. Time had gone by so fast. It seemed like just yesterday she was born. And earlier this year, Joey and I had another child, a boy named Dakota. We never forgot about Edward, and we always wished that he was still here with us.

Joey and I changed so much over the years. I hadn't had any horrible thoughts or nightmares since becoming a mom. And Joey had stayed home more often to help me take care of the kids. We were a small but happy family.

"Wanna have breakfast", I asked.
"Yes!" Natalie said with a large smile. I giggled a little and sat up. Joey stood up and scooped Natalie up in his arms. I smiled and walked over to Dakota's crib. I seen his big, blue eyes and a large smile on his face.

"And good morning to you, too", I said as I picked him up and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

~~~~~
Later That Night...

I was laying in bed, watching tv. Natalie and Dakota were in their beds, sleeping. Joey was in the bathroom, showering.

As I laid there, I let my mind wonder and think about my life. I wondered how different would things be had I never met Joey. They probably would've been terrible. I probably wouldn't have any kids, and I probably wouldn't be in a relationship, and I probably wouldn't be here - or alive, considering everything that had happened over the years.

Joey walked out of the bathroom, pajamas on and wet hair laying across his shoulders.

"Hey, honey", I said.
"Hey", Joey said, sliding into bed next to me and giving me a kiss. I kissed him back.
"I love you so much", I said, smiling.
"I love you too", Joey said, wrapping an arm around me. We laid in silence for a few minutes, watching tv, before I spoke up.

"Joey?"
"Yeah?"
"How different do you think your life would be if we never met", I asked.
"Hmm, let's see. I would have been through a ton of girlfriends, I wouldn't have any children, and, of course, I would've never met you, the prettiest girl in the world." I smiled.

"Really? You would've met a pretty girl, I'm sure of it."
"Sure, I could meet a pretty girl, but none of them are as pretty as you are." I blushed.
"Thanks", I said with a smile.
"Of course", Joey said, giving me a long kiss.