13 - Epilogue

Many Years Later...
~~~~~

"Mom, be honest, how do I look", Dakota asked as he turned around.
"You look beautiful, honey", I said.
"Aww, you're adorable", Natalie said from behind me, "let me take a picture!"
"Eww, no", Dakota said with a laugh.
"Oh come on! Mom's taking photos!"
"But that's Mom! She has a right to!" I laughed at them arguing. Joey walked over to us.

"I agree, you look great", Joey said.
"Thanks, Dad." Joey nodded and walked upstairs. The doorbell rang.

"That must be Rose", Natalie said, rushing to answer the door. Standing on the other side was Rose, Dakota's girlfriend and prom date.

"Hi, Natalie. Hello, Mrs. Larsson", Rose said shyly.
"Hi! Come on in! Dakota cannot wait to see you", Natalie said. Rose smiled and walked inside.

"You look lovely", I said.
"Thank you", Rose blushed.

"Come on, Dakota", Natalie said, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the door, "you've got to get going!"
"Before you two leave, can I get a picture", I asked.
"Of course", Rose said. I grabbed my phone and snapped a photo of them, arms linked together.

"Alright, now go on and have fun!" Natalie said.
"Bye, you two. Love you!", I said.
"Bye", Dakota and Rose said in unison, walking outside. Natalie closed the door.

"Oh, they grow up so fast", she said, putting her hand on her forehead in a dramatic manner. I laughed.
"Yeah, they do", I agreed.

"Well, I've got to go myself; I have a date with Bryan tonight", Natalie said, beaming. Bryan was her boyfriend.

"Alright, you two have a great time."
"We will! Love you!"
"Love you, too", I said as Natalie walked outside. I walked upstairs and into my room, discovering Joey laying on the bed.

"Hey", he said.
"Hi", I said, laying down next to him.
"I guess the children are gone?"
"Yep, they are", I replied. Joey nodded.

"Did you have any plans?"
"Not really. You?" I asked.
"I thought of a little something", Joey said with a smirk.
"Oh really", I said with a little smile, "and what would that be?" Joey placed his hand on my hip.

"It's been a while since we've had any type of, you know, intimate time.
"Mhm."
"And I was thinking, since the kids aren't here, how about we do some things", Joey said, raising an eyebrow.
"It has been a while...", I trailed off, looking up a Joey.

"Why not", I said, kissing him.

Four Hours Later...
~~~~~

Dakota was back home, along with Natalie and Rose. They were in the kitchen, eating dinner, while Joey and I sat on the couch, watching tv.

"I think I'm going to turn in early tonight", I said, standing up.
"Good night, love you", Joey said, standing up to give me a kiss.
"I love you, too." I walked upstairs and into my room.

I quickly changed and slid into bed. Before I fell asleep, I let my mind wander. I thought about how much my life had changed over the years. Had it not been for Joey and I meeting in the bar that night, I don't know where I'd be at.

I loved how my life had turned out after meeting Joey. Yes, things were rough with Daniel showing up, and Joey cheating, and Edward dying, but I was satisfied with the present. I was married to one of the most famous rockstars, I had two kids, and I was the happy with it.

I smiled, and let the sleepiness take over.

The End