4

Two Days Later...

Exhausted was an understatement for how I felt. I couldn't describe how I felt. Joey said that he'd seen the baby, and that Edward was beautiful.

The doctors said that Edward was, in a way, sick, since he'd been born premature.

"Adam just called me. He said that he's coming to see you", Joey said.
"Okay", I said. Joey took a seat next to me.

"Joey?"
"Yes?"
"Did I do something wrong for Edward to be born early", I asked.
"No, of course not. Things like this happen sometimes", Joey said.
"Would it be my fault if Edward didn't live? Would you be mad at me?"
"No, Ash. I wouldn't get mad at you for something that may or may not happen", Joey said. I nodded, and then Adam walked in.

"Hey, Adam", I said.
"Hey."
"Is Zach with you?"
"No. He said that he would see you tomorrow", Adam replied.
"Okay."

"So, how's the baby", Adam asked.
"So far, the doctors have stabilized his breathing, but they're still unsure if Edward will live", Joey replied. Adam nodded.

"Where is Edward?"
"NICU. I'll walk you down there", Joey said. The two men stood up and walked out of the room, leaving me alone.
~~~
The Next Day...

I was finally able to come home. Edward had to stay at the hospital. I'd been tired, and laying in bed was just the thing I needed. It was seven in the evening when Joey came to me.

"I'm going to the bar with the guys", Joey said.
"Um, okay."
"I'll be back later. I love you, Ash", Joey said, kissing me.
"I love you, too", I said, returning the kiss. Joey walked away, and I heard him leave. I wanted Joey to stay home, but I also wanted him to have fun with his friends. I pulled the blanket up to my chin, curled up into a ball, and fell asleep.
~~~
Joey's POV...

"Joey?" I looked behind me and seen and old friend.

"Mia! Hey!"
"Hey, Joey. It's been forever since I've seen you." Mia and I were friends. Our relationship - before I'd met Ashli - was a friends with benefits thing.

"So, how have you been", I asked.
~~~
Ashli's POV...
(Three Hours Later)

I woke up and walked downstairs, looking for Joey. It was only ten o'clock, and it was understandable if Joey wasn't there, which he wasn't. I thought that Joey would be home by now, considering that I was here alone. I tried to call him, but he didn't answer. Why wasn't he answering the phone? Please Joey, come home soon.
~~~
Joey's POV...

I was driving home, trying to cover my neck the best that I could; I didn't want to explain how I'd gotten hickeys. And I was drunk. Oh God, what was Ashli going to think? I was just trying to safely make it home, yet I was driving crazily. Luckily no one else was driving out here. I finally made it home. Please, don't notice the hickeys, I thought as I walked inside.