A Car Or A Horse

Sometimes holding on
     Does more damage
   Than letting go.
- a very wise person said that.
===============≈====≈=======

"WHO DOES he think he is?" I said.

"well, I don't know" Ashley muttered.

"he's up to something, I've finished dealing with Liam, now this? Ugh, by the way I haven't seen Liam for a while lately" I said.

She looked at me with a puzzled face "didn't you hear? He moved England"

"what? When?"

"like last week, I don't know, but I heard, his family was having issues about something, so they moved to England"

"mhm, but what are we going to do about the double date?" I asked as I sat down next to her on the couch.

She shrugged "since you'll be busy getting ready too, I'll go over to Pam's, but right now, we need to find you a  date"

I groaned "how am I going to do that? I can barely talk to Justin"

"well you can try to ask him." she said.

I rolled my eyes "he won't even agree to come."

"just forget about him, if he can't notice an awesome girl like you, then he's not worth the time"

I smiled at her "and that's why you're my best friend, but then, who would I ask to the date?"

She shrugged "can't you just go alone?"

"and look like a lonely freak? No Thank you"

"well you can go with me, no biggie"

"that would imply that I'm a lesbian, which is totally against the Bible"

(a/n: I'm sorry, I don't want to offend the LGBTQ club)

She scoffed "since when did you read the Bible?"

"of course I read the Bible"

"prove it, what does Deuteronomy 31:8 say?"

I sighed "that's not the issue Ashley, stay on point"

She rolled her eyes "yeah yeah"

Austin walked into the kitchen, grabbed a bucket of ice-cream and sat down on the couch next to us.

"are you okay? You rarely eat ice-cream, and FYI, that's My ice-cream"

His face looked depressed "it's nothing" he mumbled.

"hey, I'm your sister and Ashley's your sister too, even though she kissed you and used your toothbrush you can tell us anything"

Ashley nudged Me on the side of my stomach.

He sighed "I broke up with Alexis"

"uh, what happened?" I asked.

"well, uh, it turns out she never liked me, she dated me to get her ex-boyfriend jealous" he shoved another spoon of ice-cream into his mouth.

Ashley and I shared a look. "wow.."

He looked up at us with a puzzled look "what?"

"no offence bro but be a man!" I said

"seriously dude grow a pair" Ashley said.

"what are you-"

"she used you? Why are you wallowing in ice-cream? I can't believe I have a wimp for a brother" I cut him off

"but-"

"but nothing, you cant sit here an stuff your face with ice-cream, dude, let her know what she missed out on"

"can't believe I'm getting sassed by f****** 14 Year Olds" he mumbled.

"but maybe you guys are right" he said.

"of course we are," I said in a 'duh' tone.

"you owe us big time" Ashley said.

He rolled his eyes as took another spoonful of ice-cream,by now, Ashley and I grabbed our own spoons and Joined in the delicious creamy strawberry goodness.

"so? I heard you guys talking about some double date or something" he said.

"yeah, Avery's going on a double date" Ashley said

"really? I'm so proud of you baby sis"

I rolled my eyes "it's not even a date, I just see it as a few hours of torture because I don't even have date"

He shrugged  "just ask Justin"

Ashley snorted "yeah, the boy thinks she's a freak, she literally wanted to tell him that 'Christiano Ronaldo and Messi are teammates and are playing for Liverpool'"

Austin gasped "wait a minute, seriously?"

I rolled my eyes "let's not talk about that."

Austin's face lit up "what about that guy, uh, what's his name? Bagel? Piam? Tia?"

"it's Liam, and he's England" Ashley said.

"oh, you are so screwed now" Austin said..

"what about Josh?"

"you mean booger boy? Ew“ I grimaced

" hey, it's not his fault he picks boogers every where he goes "Ashley defended him.

" OK, so when you need to go on a date, you can ask him, and when he picks his nose with his index finger, he'll use it to pass the corn bread"

Now it's Ashley's turn to look disgusted "stop talking"

"anyway, have you guys made posters for your car wash on satuday?" Austin asked

I nodded in affirmation "yeah, I gave 'em out yesterday"

"I didn't get to see it" Ashley said.

I removed a piece of paper from the pocket of my Jean and handed it to her, which she opened.

"I almost forgot how horrible you are at drawing" Ashley grinned.

"what is this a car or a horse?" Austin chuckled.

I snatched the paper from her grip "meanie, you should appreciate my drawing, marcy told me it's awesome"

She scoffed "that's because marcy's a, how would I put this gently.... She's a weirdo"

I scoffed "look who's talking, you stole a boy's toothbrush for god'sake and used it."

She sighed as she removed a toothbrush from her Back pocket  and shoved it into Austin's mouth.

"there you go, I've returned your toothbrush"

I grimaced "oh. My, eeew"

Austin stood up and walked away from us.

"where are you going?" I yelled to him.

"to reclaim my sanity" he yelled back