Tryouts

It'll hit like a bomb blast
-a weirdo said that.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§¶¶¶¶¶¶§¶§¶§¶§§

Avery's pov.

TODAY'S the tryouts and I'M super psyched and I gotta say, that diet really paid off and the constant exercise dad forced me to do.

"okay let's see it one more time" Ashley said.

"but I already did it like five times" I said I was exhausted and I havent shown it to the actual cheerleaders.

"you definitely wouldn't have said that if I was your boyfriend" she smirked.

"he's not my boyfriend, just because we slept together on the same bed doesnt make us a couple"

"really? Because lover boy looked really into it" she wiggled her eyebrows

"let's just get this over with" I said as I showed her my moves.

I did I backflip and 360° turn in the air and I landed on my feet and said "go bulldogs!" I cheered.

She clapped "so far so good"

"I think we should get to school before the cheerleaders close the tryouts" Austin said.

*******************************
We arrived at the school courtyard and it was full, we're having a football in a couple of weeks and the guys are training.

Good opportunity to see Ryan shirtless......

Speak of the devil. Literally he's a handsome devil.

Ryan walked over to me, and he was in a Grey tank top and black shorts, he was sweaty and made him look even more hotter as his hair sticked to his face.

He smiled a little but he was out of breath maybe from all the running.

"hey" he breathed out.

"hi, you look like you ran all the way to Africa" I said.

"later lovebirds" Ashley said as she gave me a wink and dragged Austin away.

"yeah, coach made us do 10 laps, not an easy thing" he said.

"I see that, you guys are training real hard for the game." I said

"yeah, you ready for the tryouts?" he asked.

"well, I did sacrifice food for it so it better be worth it" I said.

He laughed a little "you know, I want you on the cheerleading squad so I could see you In a short outfit" he winked at me.

And for some reason my cheeks went hayfire.

"you're cute when you blush" he said as he stepped closer to me.

And just like that, all the words got trapped in my throat.

"yo white, we need you here!" someone called him.

"coming," he turned to me "I gotta go, I'll be rooting for you" he said as he walked away.

But he stopped and turned back and walked towards me and then  he kissed me on the cheek.

"for good luck" he left.

And just like that my sense took a trip to heaven. I'm about to scream but that would make me look like I'm crazy.

Later....

I was up next, actually I was the last person to try out. I walked to where the cheerleaders were.

Bethany looked up at me and hatred, envy, jealousy was written all over her face.

"well, Avery I thought you were joking when you said you were trying out." Bethany sneered and the cheerleaders laughed.

Pam gave me a sign of encouragement and I gave her a nod in response.

"are you done can I try out now?" I said boredly.

"yeah go ahead, break a leg....literally" Bethany laughed spitefully.

"YOU CAN DO IT AVERY, DONT MIND THAT BARBIE B*TCH" Ashley yelled from the looking crowd.

Wow. Besties support.

I breathed in as I ran forward and did a cartwheel then two back flips with my final 360° degree turn in midair and I landed on my feet and yelled.

"Go bulldogs!" I waved my purple pom-poms.

Suddenly, I got a round of applause from the crowd.

"stop clapping you don't even know if she's in or not" Bethany said to the crowd.

What a bitter girl.

The cheerleaders hurdled around and formed a circle and the were whispering to each other

Oh brother.

The broke apart, and looked at me.

"it's decided, Avery Carter you did not make it into the team" Bethany gave me an evil smile.

I should've seen this one coming it's Bethany we're talking about for goodness sake. She's a lunatic.

"but I did very well, admit that you don't want someone to beat you, I heard your Losing your cheerleading mojo" I said to her

The crowed 'ooed' and Bethany gasped.

"well, I got talent more than you, I ain't some garbage who managed to do a backflip" she said.

"really? Why don't you come and show me your skills, right here, right now" I was determined to do anything to teach this brat a lesson.

"with pleasure" she came down and stood in front of me.

She gave me a confident smirk as she threw herself up and her pom-poms up in midair and did a backflip and she landed on the table and caught her pom-poms just in time.

She turned to me "try beating that"

Okay I did not see that coming. I'm f*cking screwed.

"DONT FORGET THE SPECIAL MOVE!!!" Ashley yelled to me.

But I'm not yet perfect at it.

There was this move that Ashley and I discovered it's really hard but it's good enough to beat Bethany.

I'll just have to try.

I breathed in as I ran forward and I jumped on the table, I leaped into the air and did a 360° turn but this time I landed with a backflip as I threw my pom-poms into the air, I did 5 cartwheels and caught it just in time just before I landed on my feet.

Woah..........

Everyone was silent, even Bethany was at a loss for words then people started clapping loudly this time.

"you see Bethany, I told you, you ain't fit to be head cheerleader" I said to her.

"well then, who is gonna take that from me?"

"I will!" the cheerleading coach, Mrs Bilson came in, she was a woman in her mid thirties and she was beautiful as she was talented in acrobatics.

She Walked to me "you've got talent kid, I want you to be the head cheerleader."

"what? What about me?!" Bethany literally screamed.

"sorry, your off the team, I've got a lot of complaints about you and I've been looking for someone to replace you and since I've found someone, you're not useful again"

Ouch, that was harsh. I have a feeling that Bethany wants to make my life miserable

She turned towards me so fast she has this creepy look on her face.

"don't worry Carter, I'll make sure you regert your life" she walked away and pushed people down as she went..

What's her deal?