iii. leaving

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

IT WAS MORNING BY THE TIME ALYS WOKE UP. Alys knew that Ned wanted to talk to her, but all she could think of was her dead sister Lyanna. She knew that he brought her body to bury her in the crypts, and a part of her wanted to kiss him for it, but the other part of her didn't want to see Lyanna's dead body.

A knock came to Alys's door and she opened it to see who it was, worried that perhaps Ned had a bad night. However, she barely had the door opened when Ned slipped inside and made his presence known. She frowned; Ned didn't just barge into her chambers unannounced. She suddenly forgot about what happened the other day. "Is everything alright Ned?"

Ned looked at her in almost pity, and Alys furred her brows for it. Why does he look like that? "Ned. Tell me!"

He gave a sigh and rubbed his eyes. "I sent a letter to Robert, explaining about Lyanna. But now that she is gone, she can't marry Robert, as he wished for."

Alys narrowed his eyes at the mention of Robert. "Why does he care? Has he not got enough whores to sleep around with? He never truly cared for Lyanna, and you know it. Do not deny it" Ned groaned at her reply.

"You do not understand, Alys! Robert wanted Lyanna, but she is gone. Our father gave his word to Robert that he would marry a Stark" Alys rolled her eyes, while Ned wanted to groan at her stubbornness. "We gave our word, as Starks. We have to honor that at least"

Alys looked at him scepticly,"Where are you going with this, Ned?" What did Ned mean? Lyanna was supposed to marry Robert, but now she was dead     no. She looked Ned in the eyes hastily,"No!"

Ned have a sigh. He knew that Alys didn't want to marry the man your sister was supposed to. He could understand. And even though how much Robert was like a brother to him, he could not deny his dishonorable acts.

And a part of Ned wanted to hit himself for making Alys marry him. But we gave our word. "You have to Alys. Please, if not for me, do it for Lyanna"

Alys glared daggers at Ned. That was unnecessary. She was not completely naive. She knew that Lyanna hated Robert and his whoring ways. Suddenly all she felt was dread at the thought of marrying him. She would not live a happy life, that was for sure. And she still loved someone, someone who was not Robert. She should marry him not Robert.

Alys felt tears prickle her eyes and looked to the ground. "Please do not make me. You know that he will not keep to one bed, just as Lyanna said. And you know Robert would not want to marry me, he wanted Lyanna" she noted to Ned, in hope for Ned to reconsider her marrying Robert.

Ned looked at her in pity. "He has already answered, Alys. He accepted to marry you." Alys felt her soul break there and then. But suddenly all she felt was pure fury. How dare that man accept! He only accepted is because I look like Lyanna.