Chapter 8.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

It was a hard month once the rest met up with Krollia in the next city. 

Passing on the news of Acxa death,

Passing on the news of Teddy birth,

Passing on the news of Coran staying behind with Ryner

And passing on the news of James leaving with Teddy to the safe camp.

Tears left many eyes as they waved James off as he entered the safe camp, holding teddy in one hand and waving with the other until the gate closed fully.

The rest walked in mostly silent, no one felt like talking or laughing even the children seemed depressed. It wasn't the death or the leaving of more friends that got them so defeated but the happiness taken from them as a cruel reminder of how the world works now.

Zombies and Humans both now enemies always ready to take away any joy when you let your defence down. 

Shay and Romelle won't lie, of course they thought about begging their lovers to go to the safe camp with James, to keep their children safe from the real world. But being inside the camp would only show they gave up all hope and knew, the chosen eight would have to stay walking on as long as a target was on their backs, no one would be save if they stopped. 

Keith and Matt was hit hard under the belt as the truth popped into their mind, neither of them could just take Axel and hide in a safe camp before they were both one of the eight being chases. Yes, they had Krollia but she wouldn't just leave the boys and take Axel, she was a fighter to the end and even she was aging. If they wanted to truly protected Axel they would have to give her up, to leave her behind in a safe camp and never return. It was an Idea, a painful sacrifice to save their daughter from the future harm but neither had the will to give her up without a real fight. 

Allura and Lotor grew closer over the painful month, at lease something good was happening even If pidge noticed Allura still send puppy love eyes towards Shiro now and then. 

Lance and Hunk became slightly more clingy with their sons, wanting them close every second and not leaving their side even when the two young boys were with their mothers. It was like they were scared if they let go then they might lose them to the cruelty of the world. 

Shiro and Pidge, they handled lost and death so much over the years and they knew it would happen again if they got too close to others. But they couldn't walk away, just staying together till the end becuase now this small group was their family. A part of their hearts was given to this group and they won't just walk away to face the future alone. 

Even if they did, Zarkon was chasing all eight .. they were all in danger anyway and they would hate themselves so much more if the group fell in Zarkon hands once they left. They were going to stay and fight to protect the group. But it still didn't chase away the fear, as much as they wished it did the fear stayed hidden within them. 

And then Paulo caught a cold making them all make camp in an old house, yes they could have kept moving but they had no medication. If the cold became worse, Paulo could lose his life and no one could handle the death of a child ... not when some knew of his twin death.