GS_STELLA

Today with us we have the winner of our Booktrovert Cover Contest GS_Stella .She is an amazing graphic designer and even more amazing as a writer. We wish her lots of success in future.

Interviewer- pahul_gpk

PAHUL: First of all, I would begin by Congratulating you on behalf of the whole team of TheBooktrovert for your brilliant win in the Cover Contest. It was indeed a wonderful one. 

GARUNA: Thank you so much for the opportunity and the appreciation. That really means a lot to me! ❤️

PAHUL: I would like to introduce myself. This is Gurpahul Kaur, or as people say, Pahul, your interviewer

May I know your full name?

GARUNA: It feels great to be here. My name is Garuna Singh.

PAHUL: So, what was your immediate reaction when you got to know about the results, and how are you feeling right now?

GARUNA: It was early in the morning, when I got to know about the results. Half sleepy, half awake, my immediate reaction was ‘Main jeet gyi? Yeh kaise ho gya?’

Honestly, getting acknowledged for your hard work always feels good. And this cover did take a really long time for getting done. I guess after four or five trials, I was able to finalize it, because every time I got one cover done, my younger brothers laughed out loud seeing it, saying, “Yeh bhoot hai? Yeh toh mazzak hai!”

PAHUL: Siblings are always like this😂. But your work was indeed a beautiful one.❤️

Can you tell us something about yourself?

GARUNA: I’m a twenty six years old Electrical and Electronics engineer, hailing from the holy city of Varanasi, but I was born in Uttarakhand. At present, I’m preparing for civil services examination and living in Lucknow. If I have to describe myself in a single sentence then that would be, ‘those nerdy beings who are usually seen in the corner of the classroom, with their noses drilling holes in their books’. Yeah, that’s pretty much me!

PAHUL: Woahh! That was so honest of you Ms. Nerdy😂❤️. By the way, a Civil Service aspirant is here as well.😅

And what do you think, which song describes you the best?

GARUNA: Ha ha! I never gave it a thought, maybe a single song won’t be enough. But if I had to choose a single stanza from a song then that would be ‘Hum toh aise hain bhaiya’

PAHUL: Haha!

Now, since you are both a writer and a graphic designer, who inspired you to engage yourself into both of these things?

GARUNA: Well, thank you so much for that, though I don’t consider myself a graphic designer. 😅 I’m just someone who is trying to learn it.

As far as inspiration is considered, the one thing that actually made me write something for the first time was ‘boredom’. 😂 Well, when I was in the university, everyone in my group was, more or less, in a relationship. So, everyone had someone or the other to go along with at the weekend. And me, being the lonely soul, was often left behind in the hostel to brood over what I was supposed to do.

And then it happened! I came in a relationship with my laptop and mobile, and started writing accidentally. Honestly, I always feared that, if in case, I happened to write something some day, then I would be greeted with nothing but rotten eggs and foul smelling tomatoes.