Dizzy Izzy Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I dragged my country road bag to the door. “Alright Dad, I’m off, see you tomorrow!” It seemed that my aunt’s idea of a party was a night in the mountains with 10 teenagers, alone, without parental supervision. (WAHHOOOO!!)  Unfortunately Julia’s parent’s said she couldn’t go because of a family wedding or something. Everyone else’s parents were surprisingly fine with it because there were two responsible family members there. (The fib everyone else told their folks, insinuating that adults would be there, when in reality, it was just me and Nick.) I kissed Dad on the cheek and ran up the hill, where a mini bus was waiting for me, payed for by April, Maddie and Josh’s parents.

Dr Phil was driving us there. I was the second to be picked up, Sam had had a sleepover with Nick the night before so they came together, and Daniel was picked up before me. I shoved my bag in the overhead compartment and sat down next to a window. With Daniel behind me and the Sam and Nick in front, turns out that Sam also likes “Bleach” the anime so we started talking about our favourite characters and other animes we’d watched. Nick was Kind of left out but he was cool with it because he played fruit ninja on Daniel’s ipod.

The others eventually started coming on the bus, Mitch first, he sat next to me which the other guys teased me about, then Sarah, April and Maddie joined us. Everyone sang the assumption song until Mitch started complaining about a headache. Then the rest of the group joined us on our road trip. You would think that an hour and a half with 10 noisy teenagers would seem endless, but in all honesty, the journey was ridiculously fast. Before me new it, we had arrived at a huge lodge next to a beautiful clear blue lake. Dr Phil left almost immediately, honking the bus horn as he drove off.

Nick gave us all a map of the area then showed the girls two our rooms. There were 4 bunk beds lined up in this classroom-sized bedroom, so we used the spare beds to dump our bags on.  Then Nick left the girls to unpack, and I went with him to see the guys’ room. Funnily, theirs was even shabbier than ours’ but I didn’t mention anything, as I didn’t want to be rude to the host of a free vacation. Mitch took off his shirt without warning and through it at me. (THAT PERVERT!) “Man whore!” I yelled, but they guys only laughed. Then Nick asked me to leave and tell the girls that the guys were going down to the lake for a swim. I did what I was told, and left them blushing.

***