Dizzy Izzy Chapter 6

Chapter 6

 When I told the girls about their plans of going to the lake, everyone went frantic trying to find their swimmers. “I want to see Mitch’s abs again!” “I hope he still has them after all this time!” “I heard that Nick has a great tan!” “Could you not talk about my cousin like that” I interrupted. But they didn’t care. “HE’S HOT!!! YOU CAN’T DENY IT SO SHUT UP, DIZZY!” Just about all of them shouted at me in agreement. So I grabbed my swim suit and left the room. Trying to escape the girl talk.

I walked downstairs and found a spare room where I could get changed in peace. While I was changing, I heard some guys come down the stairs. “I hope April wears a bikini!” “I swear I saw Maddie stuff a blue bikini in her suitcase on the bus.” “Sarah may be flat chested, but she has a great body, I bet she’d look great in short board-shorts!” Honestly, girls and guys can both be so perverted sometimes. I hurriedly put my cross neck one-piece on, it had an awesome anchor pattern on it and covered enough flesh for me not to blush in the mirror. I wrapped my blue shawl around my hips and walked out the door, surprising the guys. “Shit, you heard?!?!” Max and Josh yelled. Me and Mitch just laughed at them.

I tied my hair in a messy bun while waiting for the other girls to come down, but Ian pulled it out again. “Why’d you do that?” I asked he reddened and said I was prettier with it down. Some of the other guys nodded. “I think Dizzy is gorgeous all the time!” April giggled as he skipped down the stairs, she had a flowing rainbow dress on but you could tell from her neck that she was wearing a bikini, I heard a “Yessss!” under someone’s breath. Then the other girls came down. And we departed for the lake, Nick in lead.

***

The girls complained about the heat non-stop until we got there, with only Maddie properly talking to me. When we finally got there, the girls hurriedly stripped to their swimmers and ran into the lake, with the guys talking behind them. Maddie and me took our time getting to the edge, chatting as we went. Then suddenly Josh and Daniel picked her up and ran with her in their arms down to the waters’ edge. I was a little envious of her, but then again, I always have been.

I didn’t feel like swimming right away so I sat on a fallen tree, watching the others. The first time in a while when I’ve truly enjoyed being around my friends. Ian joined me, his hair wet from being splashed by Mitch. “What was going on with you and Kate?” He asked. And I don’t know why I did, but I told him. About everything, about my Mum, Darren, Cassie, the funeral, everything. I felt so light by the end of it. He was the first person I had told about, and I was so happy to finally be free of everything. I smiled, a real smile, an honest smile. It was like I was someone stuck in a cage my whole life and for the first time I was the light. I was so happy. So the why was I crying?

Ian sat there silent, it felt like forever, a lonely eternity. Like a movie stuck on pause, but he pressed play, and kissed me. Just like my first kiss with Mitch, it was salty with tears. Why was I thinking of Mitch at a time like this? “I love you.” I remembered his voice, his thoughts when we were at the tree. But this was different. It wasn’t just a kiss with one sided love, I knew then, that I loved Ian, and he loved he back. We parted, his hands were still cradling my face, like a precious jewel. We stared and couldn’t look away. He let go and we watched the others again.

Just then, something grabbed me. I was shocked, and lifted into the arms of Mitch.

I looked up and saw his grinning face. He was wet but warm, “Hey! Wait, wha..” he chucked me over his shoulder “I’m borrowing you babe for a bit Ian, Dizzy was just begging for a swim with me before.” “No, I wasn’t! Put me down! Man whore!”  Then Mitch started running, I looked back at Ian, he was shocked, but he still laughed. I calmed down a bit, at least the situation wasn’t depressing any more. But I was still being kidnapped by a pervert.

***