Dizzy Izzy Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Apparently Mitch had told the others that I made a kick arse veggie pizza, so I was voted chef for the night. I should never have said I loved him, so as punishment I forced him to help with cooking, but he complained about his arm and nominated Ian to do it for him. That stupid jerk! Turns out Ian sucks at pizzas, but rocks at desserts, so he made this giant chocolate pudding for everyone while I made the dinner. It felt nice to be able to chat while cooking.

We finally was able to call Dr Phil and Kate, but by then everything was fine, so we just gave them minimal info and said Mitch strained him arm lifting things, (we didn’t want the adults to spoil our vacation) and told them we were all good. Dinner was fun, and everyone liked my pizza but the dessert was the real highlight. Who knew Ian was so good with dessert? I joked around and said it looked like Mitch’s eyes. “Is that an insult?” Ian joked. “Oi!” Mitch said, with a mouthful of pudding. And we all laughed.

It seems that April and Daniel had been going out for a while actually, and to tease them we put them on dishwashing duty. We caught them kissing in the kitchen and Maddie got a picture on her phone. Daniel started chasing her around the lodge trying to delete the photo and April had a breakdown from embarrassment. So in the end they were no help and I had to do the dishes.

I was washing a plate when I heard April scream at Maddie and I dropped the plate. It shattered everywhere. Ian heard the noise and ran to see if I was alright. “I’m fine” I said starting to pick it up but I cut my finger, it stung and began to bleed. He rushed to me and grabbed my hand then he put my finger in his mouth.

I blushed so much, he pulled a bandaid leftover from by the lake out of his pocket and wrapt my finger with it. “Vampire” I joked, smiling. “I vant to suck your blood!” He said, playing along. He hugged me and kissed my neck. I kept giggling, thinking he was still pretending. “You smell like his blood.” He said, serious now, and I realised that I hadn’t had a shower since saving Mitch, I probably smelled bad when I was with Mitch in the spare room.

“Why do you have to make me worry so much, Dizz?” He said, he had one hand on my waist and the other on his forehead. “When you collapsed, I thought you were in trouble, I thought you were going to die.” He continued. “Won’t be the first time someone thought that.” I said, joking. I wanted to ease the mood, go back to playing around and laughing. “I know you love Mitch, I could see that one the bank, and when you kissed him, I was so jealous. And I know he loves you back, the way he looks at you. But I want you to know that I love you too. I don’t care if I am second best to Mitch; just know that I care about you Dizz.” I put my hand over his mouth. “Shut up, you know I love you too.” And then he kissed me.

***