CHAPTER 37: Them

☣️☣️☣️
Baekhyun

"Guys, I have something to tell you." I voiced as I tried to sum up the things that I believe are happening.

If these revelations are real then we are in grave danger. Something is out there. Something scarier and more vicious than the flesh-eating zombies.

"What is it?" Luhan asked, turning his heels around as he sensed that there's something important that's going to come out of my mouth.

I stared at them for quite some time, bearing the curious and impatient expressions they had on their clueless faces.

"Let's gather first," I ordered as I grabbed the cold metallic lamp and lit it with the olden lighter I got from an abandoned shop on one of our supply runs.

"As I told you before. My dad is a scientist in one of the states of CDC in the country. My dad should know what's happening right now and if I can just get to him, there's a big possibility that-"

"Not again," Chanyeol sighed in disagreement as he cut me off. His eyes blazing in disappointment as they met mine.

"Chanyeol, let me finish," I shot back. I sat in a comfortable position on the bench. My eyes catching the small amount of light that's been lingering around us.

"My father isn't just a normal scientist. He's one of the sixty-four scientists that cooperated on making a cure for cancer and for experiments that is confidential to the public rights. This might sound crazy but my father decided to leave us alone for our safety and to have a normal hidden life away from him for our good." I explained probably lying about the abandonment to make my words more substantial.

"Why on earth that your scientist father hid you behind?" Jongin asked. His arm and forehead having cloth bandages.

"Unless they are doing something illegal or something that the public should never know that might create enough reason to threaten the ones who are responsible for it." Kyungsoo responded to the question.

"Exactly," I spoke. I sighed as I am thankful someone is seemingly paying attention. I looked at Chanyeol still skeptical of what my actions leading the situation next.

"Tell us more." Lay joined as he folded his arms seriously. His eyeglasses in tack as he rubbed his chin with his left hand being curious about the things I'm saying.

"I believe that my father has at least something to do with the happenings right now. I mean, I believe that the CDC may have been involved with the crisis and apocalypse that we are experiencing now." Baekhyun answered in content. Somehow the 'what ifs' that hunt him at certain nights are swimming out of his mouth this time.

"Why would they do such shits like this in the first place? Human extinction?" Kyungsoo grumbled as he played with his empty metallic cup.

"Or maybe, a failed experiment." Lay was now getting to the picture.

"Right! Maybe something bad occurred to the experiment and it got out of hand!" I forced.

"So what're we going to do?" Sehun asked whom I didn't notice until now.

"How's Jungkook?" I asked instead. His face was still as stoic as Chanyeol which is hard to decipher.

"Still feeling sick. He kept asking me if they might still be alive. But I can't lie. I saw them get killed so that's what I told him. Better than getting his illusions up to false hope." He said, averting his gaze away from the lamp that he'd been staring at for too long.

At that moment, I saw a hint of guilt. Not just a hint of it but it shone on his eyes how he is suffering from the failure being one of the leaders of the supply run.