7

It was just after 10 o'clock when Jay left, and I couldn't help the feeling that settled in my chest and Billy and I sat in silence for a few moments. But it was Billy that broke the silence first.

"Vicky, do you want to talk about last night?" Did I? HELL NO! Was I going to anyways? Yep...

"Billy, I honestly just don't know what to think... After Pawpaw died, I didn't think my life could get lower than my divorce, but it happened, and I am finally getting a fresh start. Only to get here and find out that not only do I have one soulmate but FOUR... I know things happen for a reason, but I can't help but feel like maybe the ancestors are having a laugh at my expense. I just don't know what to do or how to handle this..." Billy just took my hand trying to reassure my in some way.

"Vicky, like I said last night, we will handle this at your pace. It is entirely up to you how you want this to go. But if you would like, I can offer a suggestion..."

"Yes?" Now I'm curious.

"Why don't we call Carlisle and we can meet with just him for now and maybe he can answer some questions that I'm sure you have about their kind."

"That actually does sound like a good place to start, thank you Billy. When would be a good time to try to call?"

"We can try now if you would like. I don't know if he is on shift at the Forks hospital or not."

"Wait a vampire is working as a doctor and no one has a problem with that?" Just what?

"He and his coven/family are what they call vegetarians meaning that they don't feed on humans and instead feed on animals."

"Well ok then... Let's just call and see how this goes..."