30

"Your candy as promised, little wolf." As I went to hand him the candy, he just pulled me back into his lap instead of taking it.

"Better... Much better..." I could barely hear him though because he was nuzzling into my neck.

"Maybe we should head to bed... It would be a lot more comfortable... And you look about ready to pass out... I did promise cuddles earlier..."

"I'm fine..." Big eye roll there...

"Sweetheart... If the issue is that you don't want to let me go again, then why not just carry me? You really should sleep in a proper bed..." I really didn't want to have to deal with the small space of the couch.

"Fine... But we are going back my house."

"Ok, my little wolf... Let's go." And with that he walked us out.

(Skipping Walk)

Once we reached his room, he finally set me down so we could get comfy in bed. Seth was trying to pull me to him, but I stopped him.

"Sweetheart, I'm not going anywhere... Come lay your head on my chest like you did on the beach and just let me make the stress go away for a while..." He happily complied and while I played with his hair, I hummed one of my favorite Celtic songs that I use to relax which is Scarborough Fair. Within minutes, he was sound asleep with his arm resting on my waist.

As I laid wake for a little while longer, I admired his relaxed form. While he still looked young, his face looked like it had aged more in the week that I had been away. There were some new crease lines and bags around and under his eyes. His forehead would crease every so often while he dreamed, like he was still worrying about something. I gently kissed his head before my eyes drifted closed, content that at least for now my little wolf was happy.