Chapter 1

Third POV

All this has happened before. And it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. One of the corner houses is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

There was Mrs. Darling. Mrs. Darling believed that Peter Pan was the spirit of youth. But Mr. Darling was a practical man.

The boys, however, John and Michael, believed Peter Pan was a real person and made him the hero of all their nursery games. Wendy, the eldest, not only believed, she was the supreme authority on Peter Pan and all his marvelous adventures.

Nana, the nursemaid, being a dog, kept her opinions to herself and viewed the whole affair with a certain tolerance.

Then there's Val, who is Wendy, John, and Michael's friend. She keeps to herself most of the time and tries to find happiness in her life. But she is never successful. She is at least grateful to have wonderful friends to stay with.

Val's POV

Right now, I'm in our bedroom watching John and Michael play around, with John as Captain Hook and Michael as Peter Pan. Mr. and Mrs. Darling are getting ready to go to a party and Wendy is doing I don't know what.

It has been a year since my parents died, and I try not to think about it. But that memory will always get to me either way.

Anyways, that boys are playing around and Nana is building a castle out of building blocks. I don't know how a dog could do that, but I don't care.

Soon, Mr. Darling comes into the room to get something. "Boys, boys, less noise, please." He says to John and Michael.

But as Mr. Darling walks in, he knocks over Nana's building blocks. Nana saw it happened and walks over to the mess. I feel bad for her.

"Oh, hello, Father." John says to Mr. Darling.

"You old bilge rat." Michael says to John, still playing around as Peter Pan.

But Mr. Darling thought Michael said to him. "What? Now see here, Michael..." He starts to say.

"Oh, not you, Father. You see, he's Peter Pan." John says to Mr. Darling.

"And John's Captain Hook." Michael adds.

As I listen to them, I see Nana building her castle again. I just hope it doesn't get knocked down.

"Yes, yes, of course. Have you seen my cuff-" Before Mr. Darling could finish, he bumps into Nana.

Nana yelps and knocks into the castle, making it fall again. Now I feel even more bad for Nana.

"Oh, Nana, for goodness sake! Where are those cuff links?" Mr. Darling says while looking around for his cuff links.

Nana is mad now and knocks over the remaining blocks that are still standing.

I walk over to and pet Nana. I then help her build the castle again. I wasn't paying attention to their conversation anymore because I was working on the castle with Nana.

But I look back at them when I hear Mr. Darling yell, "No!"

Once I look at Mr. Darling, I see a drawing of a map on his shirt front.

All I know is, this is not going to end well.