Chapter 4

I stop my train of thought and start to head towards Elysium. It sounds like there is a party going on. Despite what I have heard, I Don't think that Elysium residents party twenty-four, seven, because well, I am technically in Elysium, and I'm tired and slightly hungry I think I will soon need to go to the bathroom because I stared at that water for so long and eventually I think I might need a shower. So do not ask me how Elysium residents do all that and still party twenty-four, seven, and also I just got here. So I basically know nothing about the life of Elysium. I begin to head towards the big white building that looks like a church that Esperanza was heading towards. There is cheering, but after a while, the cheering and screaming and oh my goodness' die down. And an old man's voice is heard clearly "Do you Charles Beckendorf take Silena Beauregard to be your lawfully wedded wife, forever and ever?"

And then seemingly the person who is Beckendorf's voice is heard clearly "I do!"

I suddenly remember who they both are. Charles Beckendorf died in an explosion that him and Percy Jackson set up to destroy Kronos and some of his monsters. Wonder what he must think of Luke. I move into the hall and peer around a couple of oddly placed pillars to see Luke standing next to Beckendorf as his best man. Silena Beauregard had died when she had forced Ares cabin to join the fight when a drakon showed up. Drakons can only be killed by a son or daughter of Ares. and typical Clarisse had been obstinant about a chariot and had not wanted to join the fight, but Silena had dressed up as Clarisse and worn her armour and everything to force them to join the fight. Silena had died while trying to fight the drakon in order to conceal her disguise. But she had also betrayed the entire Camp to Kronos on the promise that Beckendorf would not be hurt. But of course, he sacrificed himself to stop Kronos and so Silena had stopped serving Kronos. And died fighting for Camp Half-Blood. She had died a hero's death. The two of them had been dating and now they were getting married in Elysium. I didn't know we could wear other clothes, not including the ones I was wearing when I died fighting Caligula. But everyone looked stunning. Esperanza was one of Silena's bridesmaids. She was wearing a stunning light purple dress that was light and airy and just graced the floor. The other three bridesmaids were wearing similar dresses, but of different colours. The chief bridesmaid was wearing a light pink, the next one was Esperanza, followed by Bianca Di Angelo wearing a yellow dress, followed by another woman that looked like Bianca and Nico wearing a blue dress. Their mother Maria Di Angelo. Pretty soon, the service was finished and everyone exited to go to a party. Luke, Castor (Another Groomsman), Ethan (Another Groomsman, except that he was supporting Kronos, but in the end Percy (the hero for everyone) convinced him to attack Kronos. It failed and Ethan was killed for being a traitor)and Lee Fletcher (the final groomsman) escorted Emily (Frank's Mother), Esperanza, Bianca and Maria down the aisle and out of the hall. That left me with the newly wed couple, Silena and Beckendorf. They noticed me.

"Hey man, listen, thank you for coming to our wedding , we really appreciate it."

"Hey Beckendorf, Silena!" I Responded with.

"Hey listen, Babe, do we know him?"

"I Don't know, why do not we ask him? Maybe he's new to Elysium, although he definitely is a demigod because he knows our names."

"Bianca mentioned a new demigod called Jason Grace, son of Zeus (or Jupiter depends on whether you are Greek or Roman.) (or Jupiter depends on whether you are Greek or Roman.). Are you Jason Grace, son of Zeus (or Jupiter depends on whether you are Greek or Roman.) (or Jupiter depends on whether you are Greek or Roman.)?"

"Yes"

"Oh," Silena nearly went weak at the knees, but then remember that she was married and she wasn't technically allowed to flirt, especially in front of her newlywed husband. " I have never seen a Zeus (or Jupiter depends on whether you are Greek or Roman.)  boy, only a Zeus (or Jupiter depends on whether you are Greek or Roman.)  daughter and she died before Iactually got to meet her. Ruude!"

"Listen Silena. Calm down all right, babe."

"As I said before, thank you for coming mate. Now we had better go and talk to all of our guests and thank them all for coming."

"Wait I just have one question before you go. Considering you just got married, I assume you won't try for rebirth too quickly, so um... how did you know you were not going to try for rebirth, like what made you know that I know Beckendorf, you died first, so um..."

"Hey mate, you ever fallen in love?"

"Yeah, once, but we broke up."

"But while you were dating, what did it feel like?"

"I felt like the best thing in the world, because, well, I had no family except for her."

"Well that was how I felt with Silena. And Silena - well she wasn't like other Aphrodite kids, who would mostly just stare at their reflections in the shield. Silena was a fighter. And I knew that eventually she would die and that she would die a hero's death, and well she would be mourning for me, and I knew that Silena would do something reckless and probably die just to see me in Elysium. I knew she was the spy, and I also knew that the deal she made with Kronos was that I would not get harmed and I had just sacrificed myself to stop Kronos. So Kronos had broken his side of the promise and Silena was going to stop fulfilling her side by stopping Kronos' supply of information. And if Kronos caught her she would die. And if Kronos didn't catch her, she would already be dead."

"Hey honey, let me tell my own story. But you go talk to the guests. I will answer this charming young man's questions."

"Just do not flirt with him, alright babe."

"I wouldn't do that. I'm married now and although you are a son of Hephaestus (or Vulcan, depends or whether you are Greek or Roman.), you are not as ugly as him and so I Won't be as unfaithful as Aphrodiate (or Venus, depends on whether you are Greek or Roman.)  was to Hephaestus (or Vulcan, depends or whether you are Greek or Roman.). And we are the children of both of them though we have a better relationship than them."

Beckendorf put his hands up in surrender. "Alright, alright," He looks at me." Deny any flirting she tries, mate." He punched me in the shoulder and nearly knocked me down. Boy that guy was strong.

" Hey so what else do you want to know?" Silena looks kind of flirty, but I deny her. I mean eventually Piper will be here in Elysium, so hopefully, eventually, it'll be me and Piper here getting married too!

"Um so when you got here Beckendorf was already here, too?"

"Yes, why?"

"So you were not going to rebirth because he was already here."

"Yes, basically, why?" Silena started to look at me warily. She seemed less interested in flirting with me. Now she was looking as if she thought I was delusional.

"Um, I want to consider whether to rebirth because my girlfriend will hopefully be coming to Elysium, but I'm not entirely sure she will make it to Elysium, so should I try for rebirth or wait and see? I really want to see her again."

" I mean, babe, if you try for rebirth, you might not see her because you might not make it to the same places in the Underworld, but if you stay here you might be waiting for all eternity, because she might rebirth constantly and never make it to Elysium. So I mean, it's not just my opinion, you should take into consideration because I knew my boyfriend was here so it made the decision a lot easier. But in the end it is all up to you Jason Grace."
I thought about that for a minute. I couldn't just let other people make my decisions, like I had in the Overworld. I could not let prophecies control my life. I could not let the gods use me like a pawn, and control my life. I had to control my own life. I didn't have anything left now. If they tried to control me, I'd never been able to return to my old self again. So I stuck my nose in the air and shouted, courageously: "I AM JASON GRACE AND I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU STINKING GODS CONTROL ME!"
Surprisingly, nothing happened. I suppose that Zeus (or Jupiter depends on whether you are Greek or Roman.), as reign over all other gods, despite being the youngest had it's plusses. He probably convinced the other gods not to kill me. Or maybe he was smart enough to work out that Iwas already dead and could not be killed. Silena looked at me like I was crazy before sashaying off to join Beckendorf in thanking the guests.