Chapter 12

Hi, my name is Theodore. I am technically five, and thankfully still alive. I live at 1844 W David Drive with my parents, Harmony and Marc and my older sister Skyla. She's nine now and she's gorgeous. She has swept back long wavy brown hair that's always blown to one side. She always looks so pretty and all the boys from year three to year six have a crush on her. She just looks like a model. But she's not the kind of girl I'm looking for. I seem to know what kind of girl I'm looking for. She has I guess very colourful eyes, sometimes brown, sometimes blue, sometimes green. Her hair is brown and choppy like she's cut it with a knife and fork. She has a tan, and she's gorgeous, the opposite of my sister Skyla. I just want to meet her, but I can't understand why I have such a clear image of my dream girl, as if I've met her before, but I certainly haven't seen her as Theodore. It's really bugging me. That mystery girl is just too confusing. Her name is also on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember it. Today, Mom and Dad have to go to work. Mom, Harmony is a Police Officer, and she left early because they're looking for a missing toddler. Dad, Marc is a marketing director. He leaves in one hour and so a babysitter is coming. Skyla says she doesn't need a babysitter, so she's going to meet her current boyfriend, Thomas. Tom is a bit odd. He is allergic to wool and he has a severe phobia of ducks. He has olive skin, golden hair and blue eyes. His dad apparently walked out when he was 1, so his Mom, Corey raised him. Megan, our babysitter, is a friend of our mom's. She works at the local gym, where they met. She has bronze coloured skin, black hair and blue eyes. She is always muttering to herself, but today she said she would take me to the park. There actually aren't that many parks near us, the closest is half an hour away, called South Lakes Park, so I don't go there very often, but when I do, it is always so much fun. Megan hops me in the car seat, and we take the drive of the half-hour to the park. It looks like there is an event going on. There are lots of cars and everyone looks cautious as if they aren't meant to be here, or if they are worried that the police might catch them. There looks like there might be a wedding going on. THERE THEY ARE! THERE ARE... PIPER! YES. I KNOW HER NAME! I REMEMBER EVERYTHING! IT'S... LEO AND CALYPSO! IT'S THEIR WEDDING! I REMEMBER ANYTHING!

"PIPER!" I shout. Megan looks furious at me.

"Hush, boy! Don't disturb a wedding." She looked scandalised.

"No, no Megan. I know those people. Piper, Piper. It's me, Jason."

I remember everything. My name, my old life, everything

"Hush, child, your name is Theodore James Halte and of course you don't know these people."

"No, Megan, no. LEAVE ME ALONE!" It's the first time I've ever yelled at Megan. She looks devastated as if she's just lost her job.

"Piper, Piper" I start to run towards the wedding party.

The girl turns around and stares at me.

"It's me, Jason Christopher Grace."

She turns to Leo and says "It really is, it really is him."

And then Piper pulls me into a bear hug and says "Welcome home Jason!"