CHAPTER THREE

CHAOS

I'm woken by the sound of my brother's ringtone calling my phone. I decide that I'm still tired and I don't want to get out of my comfortable position so I end up letting it ring out; that is, until he decides to call again.

I grumble and violently push the accept button, "What?"

I can hear his obnoxious laugh through the phone, "Well, good morning to you, too, E. Good to know you still aren't a morning person."

"Get on with it, why'd you call?"

"I called to let you know the exact time to show up! The whole shebang starts at 3; however, I want you to stay hidden until afterwards so I can call you up to the deck with me and dad, so you should stay in my room until I give you the signal, you'll be able to watch the whole thing through the window."

"Ah, brings back old times: the finger guns," I say, with a smile that takes up half of my face.

"The finger guns!" He says in a voice that mimics the sales rep down at the local auto sales.

We talk a little bit more before I eventually hang up to get ready because it's already one in the afternoon. Ares also said that I can bring Cerberus to the clubhouse because he's trained and friendly and all the guys love animals.

"Chaos, pull over! Look!" I pull over to the side of the road and look to where Vinny's finger is pointing. It's a stray dog that looked like death; his ribs were extremely noticeable, patches of fur were gone, he was bloody, and he looked scared. "Turn the car off, I don't want to scare it off." I do as he says and Vinny exits the vehicle.

"Vinny, be careful," I say with worry clear in my voice.

"Always am, doll." I sigh with a shake of my head and watch from the truck as he approaches the frightened dog. "Come on, doggy, we just want to help." Vinny gently pats his thighs and whistles lightly. The dog wearily approaches Vinny and Mayhem sticks his hand out for the dog to sniff. Once the dog deems Vinny safe enough he rubs himself on Vinny's leg.

Vinny reaches down and picks the frail dog up while I jog around the truck to open the back door for the dog. I lay a towel down and make sure nothing chewable is back there before moving out of the way for Vinny and the dog. To my surprise Vinny get in the backseat with the dog on his lap.

It looks like a German Shepard and only about a year old as well. It makes me sad to think about what has happened to the poor pup. I gently shut the door and move around to the driver's door and start the engine up again.

"What are you going to name him?" I ask quietly, not wanting to scare the dog further.

"Hades, I think. I like the whole Greek Mythology names so I'm going to make it stick. I think I'm going to keep him."

"Good, he looks like he needs a good home. And nice name," I saw with a wink. He laughs and shrugs but his ears are tinted pink. "Awe is the big bad biker blushing." He glares at me and I can't help but laugh at him.

God, that day was wonderful. I had just turned 16 and Vinny and I were sent to get groceries. Thank the higher powers that we did or who knows what would have happened to poor Hades. I wonder if he's still living strong. He took a liking to me and I loved him just as much.

I shake my head, ridding myself of these memories so I can get ready. I connect my phone to the Bluetooth speaker in my shower and blast "(Don't Fear) the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult while shampooing and conditioning my hair and washing my body. Once I get out, I wrap my air in a t-shirt and walk to my suitcase that has an already set out outfit on it. It consists of a red matching bra and panty set, faded black ripped jeans, a Harley Davidson shirt and a leather jacket with my signature heeled combat boots.