CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAOS

I didn't really know what to do with myself after Vincent yelled at me; he didn't even try and hear me out. If he would have listened, I would have explained that she wasn't my suspect, it would have been any friends that she spilled secrets to, God knows how big Bonnie's mouth is.

When he first yelled at me I was upset, but now I'm just mad. I'm not going to sit around and sulk, I have shit to piece together and solve and sitting around worrying about his ass isn't going to get shit done; I decided to call my brother, father, the mafia men, and Clyde—he would be more understanding and willing to hear me out than his son.

30 minutes later and they were all sitting on my couches in my living room, "Okay, we need to talk about this shit. We know there is a rat within the club, right? However, it's been awhile since we spread the rumors and nothing has happened. Does everyone get where I'm going?"

The room nodded and Clyde spoke up, "It's not any of the men, meaning it's a rotter."

I nodded and then grimaced, "I know you all might hate me for this, especially you, Clyde. But what about Old Ladies." Clyde stood up angrily before I stood up as well and got in his face, "Sit down, Old Man, I'm not saying Bonnie is the rat, I just have to ask because we know Bonnie can't keep a secret to save her life: does she have friends outside of the club that would have shown up about eight years ago? Maybe even a rotter she got close to? Or another Old Lady within the club?"

Clyde's eyes flickered with realization that I was not accusing his wife and that she, indeed, had a large brain. "She has a couple, actually. There's a rotter, her name's Lolly, and then there's a friend she meets every Tuesday for lunch and then every Saturday for a girl's night. They all became friends about eight years ago, maybe a little more. I know I tell my wife more than I should, but I didn't think she would tell others," he mutters angrily.

"Thank you for your cooperation, that's more than your son did," I roll my eyes and Clyde does as well.

"Fucking hothead. Are you okay, sweetheart?"

"Perfectly fucking fine, Clyde. He's just an asshole who cares for his mother." The room laughs and I do as well.

"Back to business boys. I have a perfectly fine basement here, bring the rotter first. No one will recognize that she's missing, if she doesn't squeal, we'll pick up the other two; and for the love of all things unholy, quit telling Bonnie shit that is important."

Clyde chuckles sadly and shakes his head, "It makes me sick to think that everything that happened to you was possibly my fucking fault."

My smile falls and I look down before shaking my head, "None of this was ever you or Bonnie's fault. You should be free to tell your Old Lady everything and she should be able to have friends, we just put our faith in the wrong people." I stood up and patted his back, "Alright, I am going to take Cerberus for a walk and go to the store. Feel free to stay here, go with me, leave, I don't care."

I left the room feeling drained. All of the memories came rushing back to me from the time I was taken, to the time they rescued me. I had never felt so helpless and afraid and I refuse to go back there again. I clear my throat before grabbing Cerberus' harness and leash before walking out of my house. All the guys were gone so I assume they went back to the clubhouse.

The store was about a mile from my house but it was cool and sunny outside so it would be a pleasant walk. Cerberus was enjoying the fresh air and the new smells while I was just enjoying watching him sniff one thing and run to the next five seconds later.

This extra time had me thinking about Mayhem and I couldn't help but get angry again. That bastard got angry at me for speaking rationally. It wasn't like I said his mom was the rat, I know Bonnie would never do that.

I must have been lost in my thoughts because I realized there was a van that parked ahead of me about thirty feet. I didn't want to make assumptions but I will still weary about this white, tinted van that nobody has gotten out of since they parked about two minutes ago.

I put my hand on the gun in the back of my jeans before grabbing the leash tighter and walking faster. There was no way I could get across the street and I wasn't going to risk anything. I left my phone at home so I had no way to call for backup in case anything happened so I only had myself and my gun.

As soon as I was by the van, the sliding door opened and four men jumped out, all in black without masks. I didn't recognize any of them but I already knew who they were. They didn't even try to be discrete. I let go of the leash and whistled to Cerberus and he ran back to the house. I grabbed my gun out but before I could pull the trigger, the biggest of the four knocked it out of my hand and stabbed a syringe in my neck.

My vision was slowly fading out and I couldn't feel my limbs. I could see the four of them surround me before throwing my body in the van. My head hit the side and I was quickly losing consciousness. Before my world went black, I could hear the a deep voice, "I don't feel good about this, man."

*****

Back at the clubhouse, Clyde ran up to his son's room and threw the door open expecting to see his son but saw an empty bed instead. He ran down to the bar and looked around before seeing him at the bar, drowning himself in whiskey.

"You son a bitch," Clyde seethed.

"You know she tried accusing mom? She asked me if my mother was spilling her secrets to friends," he scoffed with slurred words.

Clyde hit him in the back of his head, "You fucking moron! She wasn't accusing Bonnie! We all know your mother has a big mouth, it's incredibly probable that she flapped her mouth to the wrong people unknowingly, you asshole."

Vincent didn't reply just looked down at his glass; truth is, he felt like an asshole. He knew he was in the wrong, he was just trying to justify his actions. He has been so stressed recently with the Titans and the club and worrying about his girl that when Chaos mentioned his mom, he burst but he didn't realize his actions until later.

"You are going to go to your girl, grovel at her fucking feet, and beg for her forgiveness even if you don't deserve it."

And he didn't deserve it. He didn't see it at first but when he was replaying the moment in his mind, he saw the fear in her eyes. He saw the tears welling but he just kept yelling. He pushed her for fuck's sake.

"I will. I love her, dad. Can you give me a ride?"

"Yeah."

On the way to her house, he was trying to find the right words to apologize. He couldn't just say he fucked up because they both already knew that, he had to prove it to her. Prove that she had no reason to fear him, no reason to doubt him, no reason to cry over him anymore.

But nothing could prepare him to see Cerberus at the side of the road, sitting by her gun, with new skid marks on the street. He pulled out his phone and tried calling her phone. Once, twice, five times but she never answered.

"Fuck," Clyde muttered. Mayhem got on his knees on the ground and started crying and panicking. It was all his fault.

"She's gone."