December 29

December 29: “Reflections.” (from Wordwielder)

---

A/N: Special thanks to my adorable 7-year-old cousin, who insisted she do a lot of the typing, and my 13-year-old cousin, who came up with the client’s name and some of the randomness.

3rd person POV.

---

Sherlock Holmes was seated in his chair, across from his newest client: a young, red-headed man by the name of William Beckham.

“Mr. Holmes, I have a serious problem,” said the young man.

“And what might that be?” inquired Sherlock Holmes.

“My twin is attempting to frame me for stealing our father’s money,” said Beckham.

“Ah, I see,” said the detective. “How do you know this?”

“Because he told me he would,” replied the man. “And I don’t have a way to prove that it wasn’t me! That is why I have come to you.”

Holmes gave a curt nod. “I shall see what I can do.”

“Thank you,” Beckham replied. “The only problem is that my brother will undoubtedly try to speak to you, pretending to be me.”

“That could prove to be a problem,” said Holmes dryly. “How am I to tell the two of you apart?”

“I will be wearing mismatched socks,” the client replied, tugging on his trousers to reveal that one sock was brown and the other was navy blue. “My brother can’t stand the sight of mismatched socks, and is always careful that his match. He has this obsession with perfect reflections, which is the same reason he has always dressed similar to me.”

“Your twin sounds like a curious fellow,” Holmes replied. “Do you know why he has stolen your father’s money?”

“I haven’t the foggiest notion,” Beckham replied.