1. Suga Baby

It is mid-morning and she still has a head which feels like an axe is planted in it. Her eyesight is struggling to cope with the daylight and she fumbles tying the belt on her dressing gown. With her brain still struggling to recover from the previous night's alcohol consumption, reading would be impossible for her, the TV too garish, and she has never been a social media person. So instead she elects to feed herself, dragging her heavy limbs into the kitchen to treat her hangover.

"Lemon, perfect for this shit hangover," she whispers to herself, completing the sentence with a complaining groan.

Standing infront of the kitchen sink, she turns the water tap on, splashing water on her face and gargling, she finishes off with her Sunday morning routine.

"Suga~ Baby~ Where are you?" She calls out for her partner while opening the refrigerator. Removing the ingredients for her post hangover remedy, she drinks a full twelve-ounce glass of water, spiked with lemon.

She is now walking back to her bedroom, clutching her hair, and cursing herself for drinking heavy last night. She checks her phone for any important communications that may alter the resting and relaxing course of her Sunday. But nothing shows up on her screen, apart from 16 messages and 7 missed calls from her one and only friend. Smiling to herself she does not bother to reply him.

She then proceeds to shower and dresses with maximum amount of clothing to cover herself with, full sleeves white t-shirt with 'Confident' engraved on the front and simple black jeans.

An hour into the day, and Suga's absence is agitating her. "Suga? Stop with your bullshit, okay? You're scaring me, baby!" She yells out, stepping out of her bedroom. She aims for her backyard with a view to find Suga out there. In her small house which only consists of living room, kitchen and one bedroom, she is now fairly anxious since Suga is nowhere to be seen.

Frowning, staring at the blank wall of her living room, she tries to think for alternative places to search for Suga.

A knock on the main door impedes her inner monologue, and she aimlessly stomps towards the door. Unlatching it, she opens the door only enough to peep her head out of it. "Yes?" Knitting her eyebrows she enquires the strangers standing at her doorstep.

"Is this Miss Kathy?" One of the two men questions her. He is tall, formally dressed, has round glasses on. The other one is slightly shorter, also in formal attire, glancing the other houses neighboring hers.

She opens her door, and stands concrete. "Yes, it's me, Kathy." She says, folding her hands, eyeing both of them simultaneously.
"Actually, we are from Peril Police Department, we have things to discuss with you," the short one informs while removing and showing his batch, "Min Yoongi," he further introduces himself.

"Kim SeokJin," the other officer says, while showing her his ID as well.

She is taken aback by the sudden arrival of police officers at her doorstep, a gasp leaves her mouth as the thought of Suga crosses her mind.
Calming her insides, she tries to act cool with the officers, "How can I help you?"

"We shouldn't be discussing such matters outside, it will be grateful if you let us in, Miss Kathy." Officer SeokJin says with conviction.
Even if both of them are not in their uniforms, Kathy decides to trust them in this situation, since she faintly remembers coming across Officer Min a few months ago in the police station, regarding a site approval protocol that she was working on.

"Come in," she mutters, paving way for both the officers to enter.
Yoongi and Jin both stride in, closely observing the insides of her house, making a mental note of everything.

The living room is dimly lit with the vintage wall sconces that hang on the mute coloured walls like earrings. Thick velvet curtains hiding the long windows across the walls, just leaving a shy peak of the woods beyond. Two antique couches placed on the opposite sides of hand-woven rug in front of the ashen fireplace, accompanied by rich velvet and bronze wing-chairs that stand as sidekicks. The paintings and faded tapestry panels on the walls seem to blink at SeokJin as he enters, like they are greeting him.